Treatment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Dosage question for anyone who has used Concerta/Ritalin, Adderall/etc. 

At what point did you decide that it just wasn't cutting it and does anyone know if there is a drop-dead maximum dosage? 

According to the stuff I have found online 72mg is the most that is prescribed, which I am afraid is 90mg LESS than what I take most days 

Yes, that means I am taking 162mg - 3 x 54mg pills 

Lasts me 6-8 hours at best 

Am I headed for a crash point where these drugs will no longer work at all? 

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wow...that is extreme. I'm afraid unfortunately that's how stimulants seem to work. You keep on having to ramp up the dosage just do get the same effect. I would recommend a medication holiday at this point, but I know that might not be possible. Sorry I dont have any better advice.

#3 SleepyDays

SleepyDays

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Are you taking all three pills first thing in the morning?  Or splitting the dose?

I take Concerta too.  But I found the higher doses made me feel worse in the afternoon.  I lowered my dose and supplement with Instant Release Ritalin in the afternoon if I need it.  Eating protein at that 6 hour mark helps to smooth out the afternoon too.

Are you able to sleep at night on that high of a dose? I found the higher dose made sleeping difficult too.

Also, the "crash" was bad on the high dose.

#4 dasikins

dasikins

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Ponies, my pups, learning, laughter

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't think going much higher is going to be beneficial for you.  Have you tried Adderall or Vyvanse?  They are much more potent then methylphens, but you could use them to take a break.  Although I don't know if you could go back to them.  Concerta for me now is like candy compared to those two.

#5 h.wynn

h.wynn

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Vyvanse I have never herd of it. Could you give me some info about it?

I don't think going much higher is going to be beneficial for you.  Have you tried Adderall or Vyvanse?  They are much more potent then methylphens, but you could use them to take a break.  Although I don't know if you could go back to them.  Concerta for me now is like candy compared to those two.

#6 dasikins

dasikins

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Ponies, my pups, learning, laughter

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Vyvanse I have never herd of it. Could you give me some info about it?

Vyvanse is what I am on now...http://www.vyvanse.com

It's basically just dextroamphetamine, but the delivery method is incredibly different than how any of the other stimulants work.  Vyvanse is suppose to work for 12 hours, which is the longest single acting amphetamine. 

It's not broken down in the stomache, but the small intestine.  You can't abuse it either based on the delivery system.  The d-amp (amphetamine portion) is linked to the amino acid Lysine.  An enzyme cleaves the Lysine from the D-amp in the small intestine.  There is only so much enzyme to break apart the pill and that's how it is slowly released into the blood stream.

It took me awhile to get use to, but I like it now.  My only complaint is the peak time.  It peaks after 4 hours and then slowly starts the downhill drop for the remaining 8 hours.  I would rather it peak in the middle, but that's just me.  Hope this helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Treatment