Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

-

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Xyrem should make your working out awesome. Body builders used to abuse the stuff. I think the same thing that caused crippling anxiety and paranoia in me jsut gives more soundly minded people a boost of energy in their nervous system. Also, the deeper sleep helps fat burning and protein synthesis.

#3 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

You don't need, and shouldn't take Xyrem holidays.  The only time I skip the first dose is if I ate to close to bedtime or if I had alcohol. 

Yes, I have terrible night sweats.  The reason I think is that our liver is busy processing Xyrem, so our skin has to take over the rest of the purification.

My metabolism is through the ceiling!  I drink those weigh gain shakes everyday.  Just add a scoop or two to my evening green smoothie. Also I think that our metabolism is why our BM have been more frequent or off/strange.

I have also noticed I am able to run better, I have never been a runner, and decided to start... well after only a few short weeks I am able to run farther then ever. 

I think we are all hopeful for better meds but, from research I am thinking they are far off.  Anyone know how many years are left on the Xyrem patent? 

#4 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Best way to deal with those night sweats is to get a cover that breathes, and try to only use one thicker one instead of the typical comforter over blanket over sheet scenario. You'll still sweat, but at least that way it can kinda evaporate.

#5 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I just have a sheet and a comforter and I turn the heat down... I saw these super expensive sheets that are supposed to be fast drying and breathable... just can't afford them right now, hopefully eventually I can try them.  Another thing I saw that I cannot afford is a mattress that is breathable with cooling mechanisms. 

Really I just want the pharmies to come up with a better drug for us, with no side effects!

#6 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

So, this is so silly, but I figured out why I was having night sweats...

Before taking Xyrem I would wake up non-stop and if I was hot I would throw the covers off or stick a leg out... well with Xyrem I am in a coma and don't wake to cool off.

When I fall asleep I like to be snuggled up in a cocoon of covers and I stay that way until I wake like a greased seal.  So, I am working very hard at falling asleep with my arms out of the covers or having my back exposed.  I just figured this out on Monday and have only accomplished it few times.  Eventually I will have myself trained and I will finally stop dehydrating myself every night!

The night sweats have caused so many issues for me!  Headaches, break outs, cramping, ect so I am so thankful that I figured out why the hell it was happening... I feel kind of dumb that I just now figured it out though!