• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I am beginning to wonder if maybe the headaches and what I've thought were hypnagogic hallucinations were actually mild complex partial seizures. My great aunt had epilepsy and I've read that night time seizure activity can cause EDS and brain fog. In generally, I've noticed lately that if I'm feeling derpy and headachey, I can lay down for 5 to 10 min and let my thoughts just go all crazy and weird, and then I will feel better, though there's usually a dissociative feeling that follows. I'm just not sure if its hypnagogia, because it seems to present in such different ways than others describe. It feels less like I am hallucinating and more like someone slipped something wonky in my koolaid. Any thoughts?

#2 corey91386

corey91386

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Family, Feeling Better!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I am beginning to wonder if maybe the headaches and what I've thought were hypnagogic hallucinations were actually mild complex partial seizures. My great aunt had epilepsy and I've read that night time seizure activity can cause EDS and brain fog. In generally, I've noticed lately that if I'm feeling derpy and headachey, I can lay down for 5 to 10 min and let my thoughts just go all crazy and weird, and then I will feel better, though there's usually a dissociative feeling that follows. I'm just not sure if its hypnagogia, because it seems to present in such different ways than others describe. It feels less like I am hallucinating and more like someone slipped something wonky in my koolaid. Any thoughts?

Would seizures show up on your overnight study with the eeg? I have similar symptoms that you are describing, and it is hard because the symptoms I feel do not directly correspond with typical narcolepsy symptomology. I experience the dissoaciative feeling quite frequently, and sometimes when I lay down to go to sleep I cant control my thoughts in a way. Like my brain is doing its own thing.

#3 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Would seizures show up on your overnight study with the eeg? I have similar symptoms that you are describing, and it is hard because the symptoms I feel do not directly correspond with typical narcolepsy symptomology. I experience the dissoaciative feeling quite frequently, and sometimes when I lay down to go to sleep I cant control my thoughts in a way. Like my brain is doing its own thing.

I am putting together some pieces and I do not know if they fit with the above. On my MSLT, the 2 naps where I hit REM were the same 2 naps which I did not think I slept. I just felt during those REM naps like I was "thinking". The 3 naps in which I did not hit REM, I felt like I slept and I was wurprise to have fallen asleep at all.

I have rarely taken naps because I have believed I do not sleep when I nap. So, with proof that I do sleep, but perceive that I have not slept when I reach REM, I am looking at this differently now.

Recently, I took a nap on a day off and I experience the same thing, but 45 minutes had passed.

Also, since on Xyrem, I have had to train myself to go back to sleep when I wake up. Numerous nights I have felt like I was not sleeping, but when I looked at the clock, 2-3 hours have passed. I am discovering that my perception of sleep and time is very distorted regarding my sleep.

I am trying to train myself to sleep and not "think" about not being able to sleep. Especially on Xyrem, my thoughts race when I am awake at night and it is disruptive.