• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lunamaria

Lunamaria

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:art, history, anime, & stuff

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Ok, so I'm loving my Xyrem, and I'm stopping at the 3.0 ml twice nightly dose because I'm a very small person (115 lbs, 5'2") and 3.75 made me violently ill. However, I have been having serious issues with that pillow alarm they sent me with it. The first week or so it worked great, woke me up every time, but now I can't seem to get it to work-I don't know if it's buzzing too softly now, or if it's not buzzing at all. I replaced the batteries, but it hasnt really gotten any better. AGHHH! It's really irritating, because I desperately want to return to my out of state college with this treatment now in place, but it doesnt work as well without that second dose! Help? Should I get a new one, call Xyrem, what?

#2 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Ok, so I'm loving my Xyrem, and I'm stopping at the 3.0 ml twice nightly dose because I'm a very small person (115 lbs, 5'2") and 3.75 made me violently ill. However, I have been having serious issues with that pillow alarm they sent me with it. The first week or so it worked great, woke me up every time, but now I can't seem to get it to work-I don't know if it's buzzing too softly now, or if it's not buzzing at all. I replaced the batteries, but it hasnt really gotten any better. AGHHH! It's really irritating, because I desperately want to return to my out of state college with this treatment now in place, but it doesnt work as well without that second dose! Help? Should I get a new one, call Xyrem, what?

I am curious why you are stopping at 3.0? Do you get the full 8 hours on such a low dose? I found that the lower doses were really inconsistent for me. Did you tirate from 3.0 to 3.75? You may have gotten ill due to such a huge jump. It took my body a weeks to get used to each dose.

I guess my reason for asking is due to the fact that I wasn't getting amazing sleep till I got to 4.5x2 (and I am smaller then you).

#3 SeeBee

SeeBee

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, gardening, online gaming, crafts of all kinds, and the pursuit of knowledge.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I am curious why you are stopping at 3.0? Do you get the full 8 hours on such a low dose? I found that the lower doses were really inconsistent for me. Did you tirate from 3.0 to 3.75? You may have gotten ill due to such a huge jump. It took my body a weeks to get used to each dose.

I guess my reason for asking is due to the fact that I wasn't getting amazing sleep till I got to 4.5x2 (and I am smaller then you).

Everyone's different, though :) It sounds like she's doing well on 3.0; in fact, well enough that she's sleeping 4+ hours on the first dose. Even if she's not getting a full 8 hours, she sounds happy with what she's getting, which is what really matters right?

Luna, have you tried setting the alarm for sometime during the day while you're awake, to make sure the vibrate function actually works? Barring that, is it possible that you're turning it off in your sleep? I've done that quite a few times...