• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Veteran's Advocacy, Shooting, Movies, Trips, Sleep

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm in the Phoenix metro area in Arizona. Are there any support groups out there?

Thanks In Advance!

#2 Gabby

Gabby

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Altered Art, My grandchildren, eclectic furnishings, and coffee!!!!!.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

My doctor told me that one of his patients heads up a group but he's not able to give me that person's name. My doctor is great and you can see that his hands are tied there. I gave him permission to give my phone or email to that patient so that maybe I can find out more, but have heard nothing. The doctor might not be allowed to do that either. I'm in East Mesa. I haven't heard of any support groups around here.

#3 MystyqueOne

MystyqueOne

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I know this is almost a year late... but I also am in the Phoenix area and seekiing a support group.....

#4 Gabby

Gabby

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Altered Art, My grandchildren, eclectic furnishings, and coffee!!!!!.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

I stopped looking for one.  I'm sorry.  I know that we're a big area and there has to be more people who could use support. I've met one other person just by accident. (not a car accident either).  She and I were so grateful to have someone else we could look at face to face who understood exactly what we were talking about.  Narcolepsy is hard to grasp.  To most people it just seems like we should go to bed a little earlier. :)

#5 Karen Rorie

Karen Rorie

• Root Admin
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

The Arizona Narcolepsy Support Group is excited to hold its first meeting on Sunday, Sept. 28.  People with narcolepsy and their families and friends are invited to join the group to share information and experiences.

When: Sunday September 28, 2014
1:00 to 2:30pm

Where: Burton Barr Public Library
Room B on first floor
1221 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004

For more information, email Rebecca or Andrea at aznarcolepsy@gmail.com.