Photo

Lots Of Microsleeping With Alcohol?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 novacat

novacat

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:horse back riding, hiking, eating chocolate, sleeping, helping others, learning things, music, guitar sometimes, hanging out with my dog(:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

So I went to a formal the other night with my friends who thankfully knows i have narco. But I drank a little more than normal(probably 4 drinks) and I started to microsleep while dancing. It was so weird, my friend kept asking if I was okay and I was just so confused because I didn't remember the past few seconds or minutes. I continued to fall into microsleeps, while sitting, walking, talking. Usually if I only have 1 or 2 drinks I'm okay. And I remember like 2 years ago pre narcolepsy I used to be able to drink a lot more and even if I was drunk I never experienced anything like this before. I think there was some mild cataplexy thrown in with the sleep attacks as well. I guess I've learned not to drink that much ever again. Thank god I was with someone I trusted. But has this happened to anyone else before? microsleeping with drinking?

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

So I went to a formal the other night with my friends who thankfully knows i have narco. But I drank a little more than normal(probably 4 drinks) and I started to microsleep while dancing. It was so weird, my friend kept asking if I was okay and I was just so confused because I didn't remember the past few seconds or minutes. I continued to fall into microsleeps, while sitting, walking, talking. Usually if I only have 1 or 2 drinks I'm okay. And I remember like 2 years ago pre narcolepsy I used to be able to drink a lot more and even if I was drunk I never experienced anything like this before. I think there was some mild cataplexy thrown in with the sleep attacks as well. I guess I've learned not to drink that much ever again. Thank god I was with someone I trusted. But has this happened to anyone else before? microsleeping with drinking?

Alcohol always multiplies my derp factor. If I'm having one of my rare good days, I can down shot after shot and not feel a thing. I once did 2 Irish Carbombs back to back. But when I'm really sick, one Smirnoff Ice or Mike's Hard is enough to make me stumbling, cross-eyed drunk.

#3 scarletfire

scarletfire

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

I microsleep while dancing especially toward the end if the night. We dance at live music venues occasionally. I don't like to go out because it usually involves being awake past 10 and I cant quite guarantee I'll be okay later than that. I am usually having at least 4 or 5 over the course of the night (sometimes as long as 8 hours) so I have usually attributed it to staying up late. When the music stops and its time to go im usually fully awake again.

#4 scarletfire

scarletfire

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

4 or 5 drinks I mean

#5 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

What's an Irish Carbomb, might I ask?

#6 rayraybaybay

rayraybaybay

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Rock and Roll, Vintage Jewelry, Decoupaging, Star Trek, Hiking, History, High Fantasy Books, Makeup Artistry, Tattoos, and Candy

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

What's an Irish Carbomb, might I ask?

Delicious!

"An Irish Car Bomb is an American beer cocktail that is drunk as a bomb shot, similar to a boilermaker. It is made with Irish stout, Irish cream, and Irish whiskey.... To make the drink, whiskey is floated on top of Irish Cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout. Once mixed, it must be drunk quickly because it will curdle." (from Wikipedia)

Here's what it looks like:

220px-Irish_Car_Bomb.jpg

I think they taste sort-of like a chocolate milkshake. :D I only drink maybe 3 times a year, but when I do, I get these.

#7 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Ooo!  That does look really good.  I'm due for my next alcoholic drink in about 3-4 months myself, so I'll keep it in mind.

beersmiley1.gif