Photo

Lots Of Microsleeping With Alcohol?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 novacat

novacat

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:horse back riding, hiking, eating chocolate, sleeping, helping others, learning things, music, guitar sometimes, hanging out with my dog(:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

So I went to a formal the other night with my friends who thankfully knows i have narco. But I drank a little more than normal(probably 4 drinks) and I started to microsleep while dancing. It was so weird, my friend kept asking if I was okay and I was just so confused because I didn't remember the past few seconds or minutes. I continued to fall into microsleeps, while sitting, walking, talking. Usually if I only have 1 or 2 drinks I'm okay. And I remember like 2 years ago pre narcolepsy I used to be able to drink a lot more and even if I was drunk I never experienced anything like this before. I think there was some mild cataplexy thrown in with the sleep attacks as well. I guess I've learned not to drink that much ever again. Thank god I was with someone I trusted. But has this happened to anyone else before? microsleeping with drinking?

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

So I went to a formal the other night with my friends who thankfully knows i have narco. But I drank a little more than normal(probably 4 drinks) and I started to microsleep while dancing. It was so weird, my friend kept asking if I was okay and I was just so confused because I didn't remember the past few seconds or minutes. I continued to fall into microsleeps, while sitting, walking, talking. Usually if I only have 1 or 2 drinks I'm okay. And I remember like 2 years ago pre narcolepsy I used to be able to drink a lot more and even if I was drunk I never experienced anything like this before. I think there was some mild cataplexy thrown in with the sleep attacks as well. I guess I've learned not to drink that much ever again. Thank god I was with someone I trusted. But has this happened to anyone else before? microsleeping with drinking?

Alcohol always multiplies my derp factor. If I'm having one of my rare good days, I can down shot after shot and not feel a thing. I once did 2 Irish Carbombs back to back. But when I'm really sick, one Smirnoff Ice or Mike's Hard is enough to make me stumbling, cross-eyed drunk.

#3 scarletfire

scarletfire

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

I microsleep while dancing especially toward the end if the night. We dance at live music venues occasionally. I don't like to go out because it usually involves being awake past 10 and I cant quite guarantee I'll be okay later than that. I am usually having at least 4 or 5 over the course of the night (sometimes as long as 8 hours) so I have usually attributed it to staying up late. When the music stops and its time to go im usually fully awake again.

#4 scarletfire

scarletfire

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

4 or 5 drinks I mean

#5 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

What's an Irish Carbomb, might I ask?

#6 rayraybaybay

rayraybaybay

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Rock and Roll, Vintage Jewelry, Decoupaging, Star Trek, Hiking, History, High Fantasy Books, Makeup Artistry, Tattoos, and Candy

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

What's an Irish Carbomb, might I ask?

Delicious!

"An Irish Car Bomb is an American beer cocktail that is drunk as a bomb shot, similar to a boilermaker. It is made with Irish stout, Irish cream, and Irish whiskey.... To make the drink, whiskey is floated on top of Irish Cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout. Once mixed, it must be drunk quickly because it will curdle." (from Wikipedia)

Here's what it looks like:

220px-Irish_Car_Bomb.jpg

I think they taste sort-of like a chocolate milkshake. :D I only drink maybe 3 times a year, but when I do, I get these.

#7 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Ooo!  That does look really good.  I'm due for my next alcoholic drink in about 3-4 months myself, so I'll keep it in mind.

beersmiley1.gif

#8 biancavila

biancavila

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

I'm prescribed to take 75 mg of Nuvigil daily. If I go out and drink without taking my Nuvigil that day, I'll probably end up falling asleep on the toilet for a bit or blacking out at some point. I'm not sure if that's due to not taking Nuvigil, consuming too much alcohol, or both.

If I do take my pill that day and I drink, I am happy, and active, and jumping around everywhere and having fun (: without falling asleep on the toilet or being super drowsy. I think I'm also more alert and able to regulate my consumption better. I just feel more in control of what I'm doing if I drink on a day where I take Nuvigil in the morning, as opposed to a day where I dont!

#9 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

Do what you like but alcohol affects the quality of sleep.
I'm sure you're the life of the party...but what do you feel like for the next couple of days?...and is it worth it?