Maintenance Of Wakefulness Test

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Nightminds

Mrs Nightminds

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Has anyone had this done? http://yoursleep.aas...opic.aspx?id=36 My doctor has mentioned that I'll need to have it done. I'm concerned about the mention of having to come off medication because I'm currently going back on to Effexor for anxiety/depression that has returned because I had to come off it initially to do the night time sleep study and then the MSLT. The introduction of Dexamphetamine then fast tracked the need for me to go back on Effexor.

#2 Mrs Nightminds

Mrs Nightminds

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Oh I meant to say, my concern is having to come off the Effexor because the withdrawals are an utter *BEEP* and it takes a long long time to get off it.

#3 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

It sounds like you would stay on the meds that are helping you. They want to see that the current medication is working well enough to keep you awake. Maybe I read it wrong but, they wouldnt have you stop your current meds to see if they are working?

They prolly just don't want someone taking a flexeral or some other drug that can make you drowsy skewing the results.

#4 SleepyRaffie

SleepyRaffie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

My doctor is going to have me do this test once we get my medications right in order for me to drive. I will be on the medications at the time. He wants to make sure they are working.