6 replies to this topic

#1 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family
    Computer development

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I am just wondering if the dose I am on is high or regular. I take 10mg dexedrine ir and 60mg adderall in the morning when I get up, when it wears off around 2 pm I take another 10mg dexedrine ir every 1.5 hours 3 more times to have somewhat of a life. I still have the odd nap during the day so I feel my dose needs to increase. Anyone else on this amount of stimulants?

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I am just wondering if the dose I am on is high or regular. I take 10mg dexedrine ir and 60mg adderall in the morning when I get up, when it wears off around 2 pm I take another 10mg dexedrine ir every 1.5 hours 3 more times to have somewhat of a life. I still have the odd nap during the day so I feel my dose needs to increase. Anyone else on this amount of stimulants?

How long have you been on the Adderall? None of those stimulants work for every long, I give them 9 months efficacy tops, then it's time to switch. These experiences, of course, change fro mperso nto person, but speaking for myself, I found this to be the case, and I see others here and elsewhere decrying likewise. One thing I found help ful was to take holidays, as well. If I would just drop the speed and derp out for a few days on a weekend or vacation, I'd find them much more effective when I started back.

#3 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • 55 posts
    Computer development

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

How long have you been on the Adderall? None of those stimulants work for every long, I give them 9 months efficacy tops, then it's time to switch. These experiences, of course, change fro mperso nto person, but speaking for myself, I found this to be the case, and I see others here and elsewhere decrying likewise. One thing I found help ful was to take holidays, as well. If I would just drop the speed and derp out for a few days on a weekend or vacation, I'd find them much more effective when I started back.

I have been on this dose for 3 weeks, this is what dose I started at with adderall. I think I have tried everything else, from concerta to ritalin to dexedrine. Before I switched I was on 80mg of dexedrine a day

#4 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I have been on this dose for 3 weeks, this is what dose I started at with adderall. I think I have tried everything else, from concerta to ritalin to dexedrine. Before I switched I was on 80mg of dexedrine a day

Whew! That's a lot! This may sound crazy, but try using a 15 mg dose. Stimmies can be weird. I know when my dose was too high, it made me super calm and sleepy. It think the body starts trying to control the speeding to prevent brain damage at higher doses.

#5 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • 55 posts
    Computer development

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Actually it's funny, the other day I tried just taking 1 30mg of adderall in the morning. 2 hours later I had a meeting in the boardroom and fell a sleep. The worse thing about that was I was the one conducting the meeting. This happened in front of the VP of the company. It is a good thing everyone knows my medical issue and we had a good laugh over it. So back to the regular dose, I see my doctor in a week anyway so I will discuss things with him yet again. I am wondering if xyrem will work for me as I have sleep deprivation as well. My sleep clinic found I wake up 260 times a night and never reach rem sleep.

#6 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Actually it's funny, the other day I tried just taking 1 30mg of adderall in the morning. 2 hours later I had a meeting in the boardroom and fell a sleep. The worse thing about that was I was the one conducting the meeting. This happened in front of the VP of the company. It is a good thing everyone knows my medical issue and we had a good laugh over it. So back to the regular dose, I see my doctor in a week anyway so I will discuss things with him yet again. I am wondering if xyrem will work for me as I have sleep deprivation as well. My sleep clinic found I wake up 260 times a night and never reach rem sleep.

That sounds like a worse version of what I have. I just spend all my time in stage 2 so a pin drop wakes me. Since you get neither REM nor SWS, you might look into something like remeron that tends to promote both.

#7 doinmdarndest

doinmdarndest

• Banned
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:construction kayaking bowling cool old stuff my wonderful little blonde gal

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

the hard fact is we who respond to adderall are confined to tx w/rx in puny amts.  there are scant few exceptions i am one my rx=gen. adderall 270mg/d.  the mfr.'s recc. max. for adderall = 60 mg/d.

i recognize that this amt. is = or > the need for a response in the majority of pwn in whom the med is well tolerated.

i also recognize that ours is a medicinal need, unlike (most of)those who obtain methamphetamine on an illegal basis.

nevertheless here is food for thought if your rx'er seems to think 60mg/d adderall is a large dose...it = but 3$ in meth*my stimulant history includes illegal meth prior to n dx/tx. 

i have long expr. (30 yrs. or so) w/'tweekers'/their behavior/norms and i can offer the following as an absolute certianty:  NOBODY buys/uses 3$ worth of meth its effect would be far too negligible.  about 5-7$ worth would be on par w/normal lowest doses taken in recreational drug use.   an example would be a normally 'straight arrow' college student obtaining a 'dime' when study is particularly demanding.  i know, i sold a few such dimes to uc berkely students, long ago.  most all other users will take at least 8-10$ worth (occasional users, 'weekend warriors', if you will) , the majority take a min. amt. that is yet higher.

the food for thought offered is relevant.  if human capacity w/humans left to their own devices for stimulant consumtion is so far in excess (in terms of amts. normally used) of rx'ed amt.'s, then how can md's possibly not anticipate the eventual cessation of a response in some pwn tx'ed at the comparitively puny amt.'s provided medicinally today?  and why so little recognition of higher doses as indicated/medically justified?

the emporer is naked, i say (metaphorically), as norm. rx amts have proven sub-optimal for significant#'s of patients.   about 120mg/d would be closer to par/optimal as mfr.'s recc. max. for adderall, w/ cautionary advisements for the higher range.  i am a 7th grade educated construction laborer and am unlikely to have any impact upon how medicine is practiced regardless of how correct/relevant this contention may be.  nevertheless i yet seek a way to be heard. 

and no, loquatiousness here does not = amphetamine induced behavior, it = a complex medical position most difficult to assert w/credibility for a layman. (beleive me)  

*w/illegal meth retailing @ 10$/100mg. and 1mg meth (if pure-it rarely is if its not medical, as in desoxyn) = 2mg. adderall, or amphetamine.  i cite dr.'s nishino and mignot from their publication PHARMACOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HUMAN AND CANINE NARCOLEPSY it is where i found the ratio.