• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Day 1: Wow, I hope this stuff gets more effective. They started me out on a 2.25 mL dose for week 1, so perhaps as I increase, it will be more effective. Most people seem to report feeling effects almost immediately, but it felt like a good 15 minutes before I felt anything. Then, I got stupid sleepy and started to get the spins. But it didn't knock me out, and I spent most of the night in stage 2 sleep. It basically just made me feel really, really high. My morale is pretty crushed. I feel like the only treatment that can fix N isn't going to work for me :( .

#2 SleepyRaffie

SleepyRaffie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I would not worry yet. That dose is pretty weak. It took me quite a long time to fall asleep on it and I did not sleep very well. It had absolutely no impact on my EDS or cataplexy. I did notice a reduction in cataplexy at the 3g, but did not see anything else until 3.75-4g. Right now I am taking 4.25 & 4g and it is definitely helping. It took a long time for me to acclimate and sleep through the night. It still takes longer for me to fall asleep on Xyrem than it did before. Oh well. I still need a stimulant, but for the first time in my life I am able to get up in the morning without a huge struggle.

#3 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Don't get down after just a night. They start you on a really low dose so you can acclimate to it, and titrate slowly for the same reason. I had a really hard time finding the right dose and it took months, but I am doing really well know. I know it sucks, but all you can do right now is be patient. We're all here for you with support!!!

Okay, that's good to know I'm not the only one. I was seeing so many stories of it knocking people's lights out that I was worried I was somehow immune. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets nothign fro mthe piddily doses.

#4 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Day 1: Wow, I hope this stuff gets more effective. They started me out on a 2.25 mL dose for week 1, so perhaps as I increase, it will be more effective. Most people seem to report feeling effects almost immediately, but it felt like a good 15 minutes before I felt anything. Then, I got stupid sleepy and started to get the spins. But it didn't knock me out, and I spent most of the night in stage 2 sleep. It basically just made me feel really, really high. My morale is pretty crushed. I feel like the only treatment that can fix N isn't going to work for me :( .

Thats pretty normal, every time I went up a dose it was the worst night ever!! I thought I was going insane, now I sleep like a champ... its gonna take months! Just stick with it... The low doses suck!

#5 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thats pretty normal, every time I went up a dose it was the worst night ever!! I thought I was going insane, now I sleep like a champ... its gonna take months! Just stick with it... The low doses suck!

I do hope it gets better. last night I only got three hours of sleep. Thinking of seeing if SDS will let me titrate quicker. I've had zero side effects thus far. Indeed, its felt no more soporific than a shot of jack.

#6 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I do hope it gets better. last night I only got three hours of sleep. Thinking of seeing if SDS will let me titrate quicker. I've had zero side effects thus far. Indeed, its felt no more soporific than a shot of jack.

Hang in there. It is definitely a process, not an event. Not what I expected at all. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to Xyrem. You will get there. Xyrem has a sedating side to it and a stimulating side. At the low dose, the effect is a little unpredictable. Under 3 g you get some of each side- asleep and then awake- but not enough of either. As you adjust to each dose, it will improve. Hang in there.

Some unsolicited advice: If and when you are awake between doses, just stay in bed and keep it dark. You will eventually start sleeping again after you wake up during the night. Expect that you will sleep 4 hours on each dose, expect that you will fall baack to sleep each time you wake up- and keep expecting that every night until you do. Don't allow yourself to expect that you will be awake again tonight.

#7 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hang in there. It is definitely a process, not an event. Not what I expected at all. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to Xyrem. You will get there. Xyrem has a sedating side to it and a stimulating side. At the low dose, the effect is a little unpredictable. Under 3 g you get some of each side- asleep and then awake- but not enough of either. As you adjust to each dose, it will improve. Hang in there.

Some unsolicited advice: If and when you are awake between doses, just stay in bed and keep it dark. You will eventually start sleeping again after you wake up during the night. Expect that you will sleep 4 hours on each dose, expect that you will fall baack to sleep each time you wake up- and keep expecting that every night until you do. Don't allow yourself to expect that you will be awake again tonight.

That mental *BEEP* is rough, but that's what I'm trying. I think the anxiety is part of the problem. Worrying about it not working, stopping my breathing, etc, etc.

#8 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Holy crap! I feel great! I actually probably didn't need to take my full stimulant dose, because now I feel all hopped up and ready to go 15 rounds with a mutant alligator. But yeah, long story short, I decided to titrate up sooner, so I did 3 grams last night for the first dose, then 2.25 for the second. I still only got like 6 hrs of sleep, and I had wicked sleep inertia and nausea when I woke up. After some juice to calm my stomach and my focalin, I feel ready to run 10 marathons whilst doing differential calculus in my head. I occasionally have good days where I get a good amount of delta the night before, so it might be a fluke, but I'm hoping this is the Xyrem train finally coming in to fix my crappy life.

#9 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

That mental *BEEP* is rough, but that's what I'm trying. I think the anxiety is part of the problem. Worrying about it not working, stopping my breathing, etc, etc.

I find its really hard to fall asleep when I start letting myself think... My thoughts get all deep and I windup crying, these days if I get to the point of tears, I tell myself to stop thinking and go to sleep. Funny thing is this works. If I catch myself trying to solve the worlds problems and tell myself no its time to sleep I can normally turn over snuggle up in my covers and Im out. Sometimes just repeating in and out with my breathing will shut my mind off and let you go out like a light

I am glad you are feeling great today! Just dont be upset when tomorrow sucks... when you are tirating thats what Xyrem does, be thankful for the good days... and try not to dwell on the bad!

#10 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I find its really hard to fall asleep when I start letting myself think... My thoughts get all deep and I windup crying, these days if I get to the point of tears, I tell myself to stop thinking and go to sleep. Funny thing is this works. If I catch myself trying to solve the worlds problems and tell myself no its time to sleep I can normally turn over snuggle up in my covers and Im out. Sometimes just repeating in and out with my breathing will shut my mind off and let you go out like a light

I am glad you are feeling great today! Just dont be upset when tomorrow sucks... when you are tirating thats what Xyrem does, be thankful for the good days... and try not to dwell on the bad!

Well my energy level has sense crashed a bit and I feel the derp returning but it was nice while it lasted.

#11 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well my energy level has sense crashed a bit and I feel the derp returning but it was nice while it lasted.

Ugh, I just cost myself about 10 hours of test time here at work because I made an idiotic mistake a 2yr old could have avoided. It's bad enough I can only really work half a day and the rest of it is taking breaks because my head hurts too much to think. But the fact that even the work I do get done is *BEEP*ty. I just feel like a worthless asshole.

#12 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Well, the Xyrem is actually finally starting to do some good. I'm up to the 3 gram dosage still and while I am still tired, it's no longer that "I feel like creeping death" kind of tired. I can see why bodybuilders abused this stuff too, because my weight has started falling again and I feel like I've had a huge jump in muscle mass already. The funny thing is, I'm eating more now than I was off it, but I guess the SWS is causing me to actually burn fat an synthesize protein for once, what a change that makes!

#13 NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Veteran's Advocacy, Shooting, Movies, Trips, Sleep

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

It takes at least a few weeks to begin to get used to Xyrem. I'm currently trying 4.5 first dose and 3.0 for the second.

#14 SeeBee

SeeBee

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, gardening, online gaming, crafts of all kinds, and the pursuit of knowledge.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Glad it's finally starting to work!

#15 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

3.75 grams of Xyrem was kinda scary. Maybe it was all in my head, but it felt like it was getting hard to breathe so I started to panic. But man, it was some good sleep. That was like coma sleep.

#16 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

3.75 grams of Xyrem was kinda scary. Maybe it was all in my head, but it felt like it was getting hard to breathe so I started to panic. But man, it was some good sleep. That was like coma sleep.

I went through that each time I went up a dose... it slows my breathing down so much, like I am already asleep... and freaking out makes it so much worse. 3.75! yay you are almost there!

#17 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I went through that each time I went up a dose... it slows my breathing down so much, like I am already asleep... and freaking out makes it so much worse. 3.75! yay you are almost there!

Okay, that's good to know. I was wondering if I was having a seriously abnormal reaction.This dosage is the first time I've really felt something significant. The other ones just made me woozy, but this put the full whammy on me. I was loopy, breathing only once about every 10 seconds, and when I tried to move it wasn't like sleep paralysis, more like couch lock. My muscles were just like "Eff, you buddy, we don't want to do stuff." It took all I could muster to get back up to double check my alarm. THen I collpased on the bed with the room spinning around me til I passed out. But man, that was some good sleep. That was like coma sleep. I love that feeling when you fall asleep and just teleport to the alarm. No waking up or stupid REM bull*BEEP* in between.

#18 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Okay, that's good to know. I was wondering if I was having a seriously abnormal reaction.This dosage is the first time I've really felt something significant. The other ones just made me woozy, but this put the full whammy on me. I was loopy, breathing only once about every 10 seconds, and when I tried to move it wasn't like sleep paralysis, more like couch lock. My muscles were just like "Eff, you buddy, we don't want to do stuff." It took all I could muster to get back up to double check my alarm. THen I collpased on the bed with the room spinning around me til I passed out. But man, that was some good sleep. That was like coma sleep. I love that feeling when you fall asleep and just teleport to the alarm. No waking up or stupid REM bull*BEEP* in between.

Yup that sound about right. I used to get upset and try to get out of bed then I would make myself feel so ill if I managed... I dont have trouble moving around now... I agree Coma sleep really is the greatest, its why I could never give up Xyrem! I used to wake up soooo soooo sooo much and now I just sleep!

#19 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yup that sound about right. I used to get upset and try to get out of bed then I would make myself feel so ill if I managed... I dont have trouble moving around now... I agree Coma sleep really is the greatest, its why I could never give up Xyrem! I used to wake up soooo soooo sooo much and now I just sleep!

Xyrem must have a latent effect that helps sleep even if it's out of your system. I just had drool sleep during a nap. I never get drool sleep in naps. That was awesome. Drool sleep might be even better than coma sleep. And holy cow, I just hit marine specs in cardio requirements. The restful sleep is making my body respond to exercise so much more effectively. I feel like my power level is over 9000. Downside is I had some severe anxiety issues last night. Kept on having repeated very disturbing visions. I've had this bizarre phobia ever since I was a kid and Fifth Disease where I'm sometimes afraid my skin will somehow become corrupted by a foreign or infectious source. So last night I had recurring disturbing thoughts of my skin manifesting weird horrible stuff, and every time I had an itch, I had to inspect the spot really carefully. That was seriously uncool. It's been better today, but now I'm dreading going to the 4.5 gram dose.

#20 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Xyrem must have a latent effect that helps sleep even if it's out of your system. I just had drool sleep during a nap. I never get drool sleep in naps. That was awesome. Drool sleep might be even better than coma sleep. And holy cow, I just hit marine specs in cardio requirements. The restful sleep is making my body respond to exercise so much more effectively. I feel like my power level is over 9000. Downside is I had some severe anxiety issues last night. Kept on having repeated very disturbing visions. I've had this bizarre phobia ever since I was a kid and Fifth Disease where I'm sometimes afraid my skin will somehow become corrupted by a foreign or infectious source. So last night I had recurring disturbing thoughts of my skin manifesting weird horrible stuff, and every time I had an itch, I had to inspect the spot really carefully. That was seriously uncool. It's been better today, but now I'm dreading going to the 4.5 gram dose.

Dammit, and now the stress is back. I have no idea why, I'm not even fixated on anything, but my body is acting like I'm being chased by a tiger. I was just playing a video game when my adrenal glands just started randomly shooting me full of adrenaline.