Dietary Supplements As Treatments?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naplover

naplover

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Has anyone had success with dietary supplements as treatments? I've tried L-carnitine and CoQ10, but they haven't made a difference. I'm now looking into taurine and/or tyrosine.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

#2 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Along with a lot of factors such as going Gluten-Free and basically Dairy-Free for near 3 months now, I've been taking a combination tablet of some amino acids supplements including L-theanine - 5htp - Taurine - vitamins - minerals; as well I've been having regular 'blood letting cupping' (it's greatly relieving!) done. The supplements are to be a few month course, rather than an ongoing... This is from a D.O. who is very good. I've hesitated for a long time from a lot, from the mainstream, and am pleased with were I am today.

I cook most of what I eat and attempt to not eat a lot of meat.
Organic and non-GMO, Food -> as much as possible...
Coffee is my (stimulant) go to in the mornings, Tea and fruit drinks there on after all day.
Daily Stretching/Exercises (Yoga like), with meditating/calm, help tremendously.
Living as stress free and simply, is the only way to be, for me.!

So far since starting the course, I've had some real good success.
I've managed to do things with more strength during the 'pleasant moments' resulting in less Cataplexy; at those times when I need my muscles to not start flickering :( while skateboarding :).
That is to say though, the Cataplexy may have changed slightly in a good way for the time being. Perhaps it (Cataplexy) has struck me differently a bit, too and once I'm off of them how will those changes be?.
I, in no way am too optimistic though, as I've been quite, more than, pleasantly surprised with it all.
I do avoid doing a lot which so many would judge me presumtively in a negative way for not doing at all.
In a year, after I've been off of such and am back to just Fish Oil and Vit D, I'll see.
Time tells.

Good Luck

#3 Maximilian

Maximilian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Along with a lot of factors such as going Gluten-Free and basically Dairy-Free for near 3 months now, I've been taking a combination tablet of some amino acids supplements including L-theanine - 5htp - Taurine - vitamins - minerals; as well I've been having regular 'blood letting cupping' (it's greatly relieving!) done. The supplements are to be a few month course, rather than an ongoing... This is from a D.O. who is very good. I've hesitated for a long time from a lot, from the mainstream, and am pleased with were I am today.

I cook most of what I eat and attempt to not eat a lot of meat.
Organic and non-GMO, Food -> as much as possible...
Coffee is my (stimulant) go to in the mornings, Tea and fruit drinks there on after all day.
Daily Stretching/Exercises (Yoga like), with meditating/calm, help tremendously.
Living as stress free and simply, is the only way to be, for me.!

So far since starting the course, I've had some real good success.
I've managed to do things with more strength during the 'pleasant moments' resulting in less Cataplexy; at those times when I need my muscles to not start flickering :( while skateboarding :).
That is to say though, the Cataplexy may have changed slightly in a good way for the time being. Perhaps it (Cataplexy) has struck me differently a bit, too and once I'm off of them how will those changes be?.
I, in no way am too optimistic though, as I've been quite, more than, pleasantly surprised with it all.
I do avoid doing a lot which so many would judge me presumtively in a negative way for not doing at all.
In a year, after I've been off of such and am back to just Fish Oil and Vit D, I'll see.
Time tells.

Good Luck

I've had some luck with various forms of magnesium, helps with the night time sleep quality. I've ordered, and am waiting on, some 5-htp and ashwaganda.