Photo

Project For School Documentary

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kayra

Kayra

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, video games, film stuff, random artsy junk that's fun to do, making costumes.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I am a film major at UCSC and currently I getting ready to enroll in a documentary film making class. I myself was diagnosed about a year ago with narcolepsy without cataplexy. I have actually had the opportunity to meet others with the condition in a support group setting up in San Francisco. I would like to interviews as many people as I can. My goal is to project the struggles of living with the condition in terms of legalities, maintaining a job, as a student, and having a family. I would also like create something that could aid those into potentially a better understanding of all the effects of the condition not just "randomly falling asleep" I also have interest in interviewing family members, friends, or significant others on how living or spending time with pwn can also be a struggle for them in order to maintain healthy relationships. I would like to begin planning interviews, I can potentially get around most of California? I myself am from northern California, specifically the bay area but with the correct amount of planning I may be able to make it to Southern California as well. Unfortunately I do not thing that I can make it farther than that.

#2 Shive

Shive

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I think you can do it by some other ways also on a broader level. As you can talk about it using internet on different forums, Facebook, twitter and with your friend adn relatives also. And could seek a lot of knowledge, experience and suggestions of other peoples. Which would help you a graet deal in your project for school documentry.

#3 SleepyRaffie

SleepyRaffie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

I would be willing to be interviewed. I do live pretty far out of the way. Maybe via Skype?

#4 CMurray

CMurray

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

I'd be willing to do a skype interview! My narcolepsy has gotten so bad since I became a full time student and got a job. Plus I'm unmedicated which really doesn't help.

#5 KarenM

KarenM

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'd also be willing to do a skype interview! I'm a student taking the semester off to do an internship. Two weeks in and I'm so worried about keeping it. I'm seeing the doctor today to see if I should switch up my meds because my EDS is getting out of control.

#6 keith_harper

keith_harper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, startups, support

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Kayra, doing Skype interviews is a fantastic idea. Use the tools available online … FaceTime, iChat, Google Hangout, etc. 

#7 Leslee_Lane

Leslee_Lane

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I would be willing to help out. I won't be in California until a few months but I plan on moving there. I have lost my home, my job and now my husband. Three years ago everything overall was going good for me. Then I had to have a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. That started my overwhelming sleepiness to be out if control. I have continually gone through many hardships most recently, 10 years of marriage over in a flash. I have a lot of things that highlight the things people don't realize when you can't drive yourself to the doctor and there is no public transportation close to your home. If you need it earlier I could do Skype. I am waiting for the military to move me right now.