Photo

Dexamphetamine - How Long Till It Stops Working?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maximilian

Maximilian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hi,

I'm currently taking dexamphetamine for N.

I'm concerned how long I have before it stops working properly, and I am back to square one? And, what condition will my brain be in when it does stop?

#2 Big Dog

Big Dog

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Range Target Shooting, Blues,

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hey Max, unfortunately there is no definitive answer to your question. If you look at the medication section you will see some people claim great success with a certain medication while others have had none. The same is true for the tolerance we build up which I believe is what you are refering to, depending on how long you have been on it. Sudden discontinuation should definately be avoided, but if I read your post correctly, it seems like it's still working for you. If it is, I wouldn't bother even thinking about it. You can just cross that bridge when (or if) you get to it. Good luck to you!

BD

#3 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hey Max, unfortunately there is no definitive answer to your question. If you look at the medication section you will see some people claim great success with a certain medication while others have had none. The same is true for the tolerance we build up which I believe is what you are refering to, depending on how long you have been on it. Sudden discontinuation should definately be avoided, but if I read your post correctly, it seems like it's still working for you. If it is, I wouldn't bother even thinking about it. You can just cross that bridge when (or if) you get to it. Good luck to you!

BD

For me, adderall was only useful for about a year. After that, it made me tireder instead of perking me up. It's probably a good idea to round robin stimulant varieties anyway, because most of them can also cause brain damage if relied upon too heavily for too long.