Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

What is going on in this thread...

#22 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

What is going on in this thread...

The person who is asking the questions of the board has deleted all their posts. It makes it look like a very one sided conversation that Hank is replying to.

I really, really wish that the delete post was only visible/usable for one hour...like it is on most other forums.

In that way, people might actually think twice about the content of what they post because, otherwise, it will be here for all eternity.

The only way around this problem is to "quote" what the person has written and then reply...like I just did with your post.

#23 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Yowza- it does seem odd doesn't it. I did not realize all of Kriqit's posts are gone. No wonder you were confused.

#24 ellefolk

ellefolk

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

Okay, I wasn't sure if you were all just really mean :P 

#25 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I deleted a majority of my posts to, in a sense, start from scratch, once I got my diagnosis. There was a pretty thick tension, and it was getting unhealthy, and very unfriendly. I grilled Hank about being mean and got all emotional, but stepped back and realized I was no better.

So, Hanks not crazy. He was talking to me. Lmao. I just felt I needed to clear some negativity from the slate.

#26 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think it is unfortunate that you think I was being mean Kriqit. I was looking for clarity and trying to help you find it. Sometimes a dissenting opinion makes us feel hurt- and that does not mean my purpose was to cause hurt. My intention was not to be mean.

Posts prior to your diagnosis through to diagnosis may have been helpful to others. It can encourage others as they see you come full circle. The entire thread no longer serves any purpose.  

What you went through was real- and it meant something to you at the time. And I took the time to reply and try to help you work through it- even when you didn't like hearing it. There is more substance to that that being mean. 

#27 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:48 AM

I realize now that it probably would have helped someone in my position in the future, but that means I'll have to stick close to the forums and keep the support train going.

At the time, I was just extremely frustrated with doctors, coworkers, relatives, and everyone in general. My way of explaining what I experience was clouded in bias and emotion. I wish I could speak in a more direct and polite line when I was in that turmoil, but my own issues took over my sanity. I've actually forwarded a lot of your advice to other people.

#28 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

I realize now that it probably would have helped someone in my position in the future, but that means I'll have to stick close to the forums and keep the support train going.

At the time, I was just extremely frustrated with doctors, coworkers, relatives, and everyone in general. My way of explaining what I experience was clouded in bias and emotion. I wish I could speak in a more direct and polite line when I was in that turmoil, but my own issues took over my sanity. I've actually forwarded a lot of your advice to other people.

I am really pleased that you have your diagnosis and can move forward in your life.

I was mean...no doubt about it and I apologize. But, the frustration works both ways on this board. Some poster (looking for advice), somewhere on this board talked about lurking and forming opinions about posters (who regularly keep the support train going). That is also a two way street.

Depends on whether I'm feeling rested or not.....well, (shee it) that ain't never gonna happen now is it?...conundrum.

"I may not always be right, but I am always willing to be forgiven".

#29 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

So, I'm in the middle of reading a veeerrrry long post (14 pages plus) on a totally different subject but doing research for my hubby...
This is a response to a post by Weezard...and I thought it was appropriate to put it here...
the ones in quotes are the ones that Weezard is replying to...

"My energy and focus is limited, and I can only concentrate on the problem one emotion at a time...if that makes ANY sense to you at all."

More than most my friend.
Am there. Doing that.

Here's what I advise myself, several times a day.
When I start to feel that everybody and everything is extremely irritating.
And feelings of rage start to bubble and churn.

It's not really anger.
It's displaced feelings of helplessness.

We are not helpless, just haven't found what we CAN do.
I've done what I can to address my problems.
With some success.

You seem to have a grip on that part.
I can see you working on it.
It gets frustrating, yah?

That's when this:

"I did consider posting about that, (in order to possibly help someone else)"

Helps enormously!
It's a positive, human coping mechanism.
My efforts to help others are actually quite selfish, psychologically.

We're not powerless if we can empower someone else.
In order to do so, I need to research and experiment.
(It' fits my talents and abilities. )
I get lost in it for hours.

What I learn, I share.
Now let me go find you on a more functional board.

Aloha, nui,
Wee