Photo

Tingling Upon Wake

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Running, painting, reading, xbox, music, paintball...I want to dance.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yes! When my sleep issues first started, last December, I woke up every single morning with my hands and feet doing the pins-and-needles thing. It was very strange. I asked my doctor about it, and he didn't really have much to say about it. Said he thought it might be from a vit D deficiency (he had me test, and I was low--I guess a huge portion of the population is, though, now that we all spend so much time in doors), but wasn't sure. He didn't seem very worried about it, and neither did the sleep neurologist I saw. It's gone away for the most part. Funny thing, though, about the same time that happened, I woke up one morning and noticed that there's a an area on the front side of my left leg where I no longer have any feeling. Completely numb--no sensation. That hasn't changed. My doctors took a "wait and see" approach with that, too. I have a referral to see a new neurologist, though, now that I've developed even more symptoms (vertigo, extreme clumsiness, slurred speech), so hopefully someone can figure out what's going on!

If you find out anything about the tingles, let me know, yes?

Thanks for the info! I feel better b/c I have many of the same symptoms. I am sooo clumsy...I knock over my drinks all the time and for some reason always drop cheerios on the kitchen floor and I can never find my phone. I have vertigo (mostly in the morning) and I am always having to repeat myself because I 'mumble'- slurred speech. I seem to be getting slightly blurred vision but maybe it's in my mind now that I read about MS. So I called my pulmonologist and the nurse said that he said the tingling is not related to N and go see your PCP. He didn't seem concerned. It would be annoying to see my PCP, who is not in a hospital, then have to go back to my pulmonologist for an MRI to rule out MS. Those visits are too expensive. I was worried about possible MS, but it seems like many of you have the same symptoms as me. I know I get some vertigo from venlafaxine XR.

#22 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Running, painting, reading, xbox, music, paintball...I want to dance.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'm sure it's nothing!:) After all, what are the chances you'd have two really rare diseases???

I know right. Working in healthcare makes me more paranoid b/c I learn about tons of diseases. And doctors don't like to see me because I "know too much"- that's what my PCP said to me last visit lol. During my last convo. with him I said well I wanted to decrease my anxiety so I had you up my venlafaxine dose b/c it's an SNRI and works on norephenephrine, but then the venlafaxine was suppressing my REM and I'm having insomnia so I want to lower the dose back down again. To which he replied "you know too much". In my mind I'm like yeah dude how about when I'm a PharmD you can let me write my own prescriptions. Anyway, my pulmonologist said the tingling is not related to N and go see your PCP. Not that I have a endless supply of time and money on my hands being in school and in loads of debt. Ironically, I keep thinking I bet few N docs know that MS can present as N if you have a lesion on a specific spot. That is very interesting. If I get a residency that can be my research topic. Sounds cool to me.

#23 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I know right. Working in healthcare makes me more paranoid b/c I learn about tons of diseases. And doctors don't like to see me because I "know too much"- that's what my PCP said to me last visit lol. During my last convo. with him I said well I wanted to decrease my anxiety so I had you up my venlafaxine dose b/c it's an SNRI and works on norephenephrine, but then the venlafaxine was suppressing my REM and I'm having insomnia so I want to lower the dose back down again. To which he replied "you know too much". In my mind I'm like yeah dude how about when I'm a PharmD you can let me write my own prescriptions. Anyway, my pulmonologist said the tingling is not related to N and go see your PCP. Not that I have a endless supply of time and money on my hands being in school and in loads of debt. Ironically, I keep thinking I bet few N docs know that MS can present as N if you have a lesion on a specific spot. That is very interesting. If I get a residency that can be my research topic. Sounds cool to me.

Sounds like a good topic to me. If you have the chance, go for it.

#24 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Photography, Home Theatre Tech, Amateur Radio, Doctor Who, Volunteering, Engineering

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I've been having tingling in my feet all the time....not sure how it relates, been trying to decide who I should talk to about it to get to the bottom of it. Primary said he didn't think pre-diabetes would cause it, and ran a bunch of other blood tests. B12 was normal, along with various other things tested for. Fasting blood sugar continues to inch up, but still in the pre-diabetes range.

Seems it got worse since starting Xyrem, but that doctor doesn't think Xyrem would cause it. Said I should talk to my primary about it, which I had. Though I did discontinue the Ropinirole that I was taking for my RLS, because of its moderate risk for increasing respiratory depression. I seem to have plenty from the the Xyrem....I start having more hypopneas near the end of my Xyrem sleep cycle.

Wonder if I want to bring it up with my Neurologist when I see him next month. Or if I should see about getting an appointment with my orthopedist sooner than later.... Of course, I'm just annoyed that it to happen during my busy time of year....

The Dreamer

#25 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've started doling out my symptoms in small doses to the docs so I get taken more seriously. They seem to be dismissive of you if you list too many new things each time, so I just keep it to the greatest hits.

So yeah, I finally got to see my PCP. Long story my N doc said go see your PCP who was out of town a week so I went to a walk-in next door SN who said you will have to come back to see the PCP ?? who was then booked until Dec so she squeezed me in then work made me late so they wanted to cancel and I was like no dude you are seeing me today...please. I had my appointment all planned and then at my rotation (I'm in home health) sent me way far away for a med visit. So I end up a bit late to my appointment and they wanted to cancer but I've been pretty worried so I went over there anyway and asked to be seen. I might have worn my white coat in to look more convincing :o. So then I get in there and seriously the nurse tells the PCP outside the room "She is just fine, nothing is wrong with her" I'm like WTF. Then my PCP says it's probably stress and orders some more labs to rule out other things before he jumps to an MRI. I mean he is cool but he kinda hinted it was in my head and I was just stressed. I'm like stress making my eyes blurry and my legs tingly and my calves sore cramping...that sounds strange. I don't know about anyone else but I've never stressed my vision out of wack. Not saying it's not possible.

Ok ok sry for the ramble. I met a girl who said her BF had N. Her name is Shannon. It's probably just a coincidence but I thought cool I wonder if it's someone on the network.

I did some research (scholarly articles via medline) on N and MS and there does seem to be a correlation, you are quite right. I just thought it was interesting. I'm hoping more for the I stressed myself to retardedness theory right now.

#26 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've started doling out my symptoms in small doses to the docs so I get taken more seriously. They seem to be dismissive of you if you list too many new things each time, so I just keep it to the greatest hits.

So yeah, I finally got to see my PCP. Long story my N doc said go see your PCP who was out of town a week so I went to a walk-in next door SN who said you will have to come back to see the PCP ?? who was then booked until Dec so she squeezed me in then work made me late so they wanted to cancel and I was like no dude you are seeing me today...please. I had my appointment all planned and then at my rotation (I'm in home health) sent me way far away for a med visit. So I end up a bit late to my appointment and they wanted to cancer but I've been pretty worried so I went over there anyway and asked to be seen. I might have worn my white coat in to look more convincing :o. So then I get in there and seriously the nurse tells the PCP outside the room "She is just fine, nothing is wrong with her" I'm like WTF. Then my PCP says it's probably stress and orders some more labs to rule out other things before he jumps to an MRI. I mean he is cool but he kinda hinted it was in my head and I was just stressed. I'm like stress making my eyes blurry and my legs tingly and my calves sore cramping...that sounds strange. I don't know about anyone else but I've never stressed my vision out of wack. Not saying it's not possible.

Ok ok sry for the ramble. I met a girl who said her BF had N. Her name is Shannon. It's probably just a coincidence but I thought cool I wonder if it's someone on the network.

I did some research (scholarly articles via medline) on N and MS and there does seem to be a correlation, you are quite right. I just thought it was interesting. I'm hoping more for the I stressed myself to retardedness theory right now.

#27 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Oh yeah he also said I'm it might just be in my head b/c I'm a healthcare professional so I'm just paranoid. OMG! I'm a healthcare professional I and worry a lot about how physicians don't listen to my med recommendations b/c they are stubborn not b/c it's best for the patient. The world is mad.

#28 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh yeah he also said I'm it might just be in my head b/c I'm a healthcare professional so I'm just paranoid. OMG! I'm a healthcare professional I and worry a lot about how physicians don't listen to my med recommendations b/c they are stubborn not b/c it's best for the patient. The world is mad.

I hate the Narcolepsy is just in your head crowd. If that's *BEEP*ing true, then why don't my symptoms go away when I'm in a good mood? There's been many times I've had to leave parties I was havign fun at and the like, because the derp hit me too strong. Those people deserve a spike to their Orexin center, see how they like it.