Don't Make Sense When I Talk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SleepyGirl1044

SleepyGirl1044

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone have any advice? I have a very difficult time speaking to groups of people and a moderately difficult time speaking to coworkers (or those I am not close with). I often get confused during the conversation...sort of like a mental fog. I truly know what I intended to say, the point I wanted to make, and am very knowledgable on the topic. However, one or two sentences in and I have lost it. I forget what I wanted to say, am unable to flow my thoughts together in a way that makes sense, and sound like an idiot. It's so embarrassing. I usually know its happening but cannot control it. People have a hard time following me and usually are more confused than they were before I started talking. I know this is part of my illness, but there must be some coping strategies to use. And I know I could plan out what I want to say, but that rarely works. And it doesn't help for spontaneous conversatiOns with my coworkers. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Sorry to say, I don't have any suggestions. But, I can say it happens to me a lot... Something about finding the right word, I know the right word but I can not think of it. My friends now understand and fill the blank in for me, but classmates and coworkers is a little different! Its so annoying. I also find I do this when typing, I will put a random word where another should be!