Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephanbrown

Generic Modafinil Pricing

5 posts in this topic

My pharmacist says he doesn't have any pricing info for the new generic from mylan. Does anyone have any idea yet? I have enough nuvigil for a few more Weeks but after that i'm hoping the modafinil will finally come down to a reasonable price. I'm on a health plan where I pay the first 2500 so I really need this to be as cheap as possible.I sure wish there were an easy way to get this kind of info.

My pharmacist says he doesn't have any pricing info for the new generic from mylan. Does anyone have any idea yet? I have enough nuvigil for a few more Weeks but after that i'm hoping the modafinil will finally come down to a reasonable price. I'm on a health plan where I pay the first 2500 so I really need this to be as cheap as possible.I sure wish there were an easy way to get this kind of info.

Sometimes the drug formulary for your insurance company will have information on retail prices (check their website). Worth a look, probably!

Sometimes the drug formulary for your insurance company will have information on retail prices (check their website). Worth a look, probably!

Unfortunately, it requires prior auth so it can't give me pricing right now. I'm auth for nuvigil, but want to switch if these prices will ever come down. I don't know why we're on the fourth generic version and the price is still sky high--even higher than nuvigil. it's ridiculous.

Unfortunately, it requires prior auth so it can't give me pricing right now. I'm auth for nuvigil, but want to switch if these prices will ever come down. I don't know why we're on the fourth generic version and the price is still sky high--even higher than nuvigil. it's ridiculous.

Checkout GoodRX.com which is a great website to shop for pricing on prescription drugs. Although pricing on modafinil is probably not cheap anywhere.

Generic Provigil is still very pricey...about $27 a pill before insurance kicks in. Sometimes insurances cover it better through mail order or have a max allowable.

Depending on where you live and whatnot, Nuvigil is the same price or cheaper and they have a discount program.