Unable To Sleep During Sleep Attacks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sometimes

sometimes

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Maybe sleep attack is the wrong word. I often find myself neck deep in sleepiness at some awkward time. What's strange is that when I lie down to go to sleep, either I don't loose consciousness or it takes a long time to fall asleep. Does anyone else get this?

#2 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Maybe sleep attack is the wrong word. I often find myself neck deep in sleepiness at some awkward time. What's strange is that when I lie down to go to sleep, either I don't loose consciousness or it takes a long time to fall asleep. Does anyone else get this?

The I think about is like this... My brain all day thinks that I am sleeping so at night Its hard to fall asleep or stay asleep...

My Sleep Dr. said that is why the stimulants help us sleep at night, and people who aren't N have a hard time sleeping when taking them. The stimulants let our brain know we are awake during the day so that its ready to rest at night even if they don't help my EDS I sleep much better at night if taken during the day.

#3 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

That happens to me all the time during the day. I'm so tired and once I get to lay down I just lay there waiting to fall asleep. I find it funny that I fell asleep so fast during my test and went right into rem. I take adderal every morning but it only helps a little. I still get sleep episodes a couple of times a day at work and I get major brain fog. I find this to be one of the worse things about having N.