Working & Cataplexy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tabster1_*

Guest_tabster1_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, it's me again. Maybe I should just start my own thread solely for all the questions I have :)

Lately my cataplexy has gotten worse. I get panic attacks and that seems to trigger most of the cataplexy. I'm in school right now, but I'm worried for when I get a job. I know you can't work around heavy machinery, but is there anything else? I am going to be a veterinary technician. I'm concerned my cataplexy could make it hard for me to find a job. I have had 2 attacks around large animals (cows and horses) but I think it was more because I'm not comfortable around them. I plan on working with small animals only when I graduate though. I have never had an attack around a cat or a dog, or while performing a procedure. Something about them, dogs especially, immediately calms me down. Is this something I am required to inform my employer of?

Yeah I know this is probably a little rambly and unclear but I barely slept last night. Anyways just looking for any thoughts or advice on keeping a job with narcolepsy.