• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SleepyInOhio

SleepyInOhio

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hello all,

I was just denied SSD after seeing trial Judge. (Filed back in 2009)Anyone ever appealed at this stage? Or just refiled? Does anyone know any lawyers in Ohio that won cases for Narcolepsy/catalexsy?

And any other help you can give me to get on SSD, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
SleepyInOhio

#2 Inthesticks

Inthesticks

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

I just won my SSI because of other problems, Fibro, Sjogrens Syndrome, Arthritis, Migranes, Chronic Fatigue(which turns out to be Narcolespy), and a few other assorted problems. But, my application was filed in 2010, and finally after two times at court I won. I wrote a letter/statement saying what I couldn't do on most days, and how I feel most of the time and had everybody close to me sign. There was about thirteen signatures on it, family, friends, neighbors, and doctors if they will. The judge also makes a difference too, it shouldnt but it does. The first time the judge was horrible he relied on the fact that I took pain killers and had to be an addict, because if you take them at my age and dont have cancer or surgeries youre an addict and was only looking for SSI to have money, as my family was paying our bills. Well yea, now I can pay my own bills and put gas in my car, without begging for money, the stress that is gone is amazing. He also relied on the expert report of someone who never met me and made a medical report about me, how do they do that without meeting someone? But the judge I got the second time was so much better to talk to in the court room, I didnt feel like I was convicted of something like the first time, I also didnt have a lawyer the second time, I dont reccomend this unless you cant find one like me. I got off the pain killers after ten years, Im only in my early thirties by the way, docs couldnt figure out that widespread pain in my back, arms, legs, hips, etc was fibro and arthritis I didnt get diagnosed until I almost died with a Staph blood infection with septic shock, yea! That started a dormant problem called Sjogrens Syndrome, an autoimmune problem which is secondary to everything else, so after six years I still keep adding new diagnoses, just a few weeks ago added Narcolespy, although I have been falling asleep for over two years. But sorry to ramble, just have a letter wrote from your employer about how your conditions have limited your ability to work, or how it changed from before you was disabled. Make sure you include how it has changed your personal life and hobbies, as for me I used to go camping and fishing, but not anymore I cant stand to if Im not asleep Im just in too much pain, or freezing. Because if you can still go out with friends you can still work. I cant even have friends over because I fallasleep on them, some times literally. Good luck and I hope this helps.

#3 SleepyInOhio

SleepyInOhio

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

I just won my SSI because of other problems, Fibro, Sjogrens Syndrome, Arthritis, Migranes, Chronic Fatigue(which turns out to be Narcolespy), and a few other assorted problems. But, my application was filed in 2010, and finally after two times at court I won. I wrote a letter/statement saying what I couldn't do on most days, and how I feel most of the time and had everybody close to me sign. There was about thirteen signatures on it, family, friends, neighbors, and doctors if they will. The judge also makes a difference too, it shouldnt but it does. The first time the judge was horrible he relied on the fact that I took pain killers and had to be an addict, because if you take them at my age and dont have cancer or surgeries youre an addict and was only looking for SSI to have money, as my family was paying our bills. Well yea, now I can pay my own bills and put gas in my car, without begging for money, the stress that is gone is amazing. He also relied on the expert report of someone who never met me and made a medical report about me, how do they do that without meeting someone? But the judge I got the second time was so much better to talk to in the court room, I didnt feel like I was convicted of something like the first time, I also didnt have a lawyer the second time, I dont reccomend this unless you cant find one like me. I got off the pain killers after ten years, Im only in my early thirties by the way, docs couldnt figure out that widespread pain in my back, arms, legs, hips, etc was fibro and arthritis I didnt get diagnosed until I almost died with a Staph blood infection with septic shock, yea! That started a dormant problem called Sjogrens Syndrome, an autoimmune problem which is secondary to everything else, so after six years I still keep adding new diagnoses, just a few weeks ago added Narcolespy, although I have been falling asleep for over two years. But sorry to ramble, just have a letter wrote from your employer about how your conditions have limited your ability to work, or how it changed from before you was disabled. Make sure you include how it has changed your personal life and hobbies, as for me I used to go camping and fishing, but not anymore I cant stand to if Im not asleep Im just in too much pain, or freezing. Because if you can still go out with friends you can still work. I cant even have friends over because I fallasleep on them, some times literally. Good luck and I hope this helps.