I'm Pregnant....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lovelife

lovelife

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm 23 and I was just diagnosed in January with N. I have finally found a medication that works and I was so happy being able to stay awake. But I just found out I'm pregnant. My husband has been really supportive but I am sleeping the day away. I'm able to go to work but that's about it.

I'm looking for tips from other parents with N. Since I can't take medication anymore (I was on Ritalin), I'm hoping there are other ways parents have found to help stay awake. I am also open to any and all tips for the entire pregnancy. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks

#2 Johnna

Johnna

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Live music, traveling, reading, flying, spending good quality time with my baby boy (age 6)

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Congratulations! I would suggest speaking with your doctor to see what ideas he/she may have. I do have a 6 year old son, but got diagnosed after having him - so my apologies on not offering up any N & pregnancy tips.

#3 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hi, and congrats on having a new little one coming. I have 4 kids. two of them are little. We have a fenced in area in the livingroom with lots of safe baby toys. There is also a couch so I can rest and still keep an eye on the baby. If I doze off for a second, I know that she will be safe. I have been the primary one to care for the babies at night but my husband is starting to help out more at night since I have been struggling with so much sleepiness during the day. It sounds like you have a very supportive husband. That's good. Please always let him know how to help you because it is not going to be easy. New moms tend to struggle with sleep deprivation anyway so to have N to begin with is going to be an even bigger challenge. Baby proof the house and ask for lots of help. Take a nap when the baby naps.

#4 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Check the date, I imagine she's delivered by now :)

#5 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Haha. Probably! I wonder how she's doing,

#6 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

I found her blog. She had a little boy!