Photo

Virtual Run/walk For Narcolepsy Research

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sleepywriter

sleepywriter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:baking, cake decorating, writing, running, spending time with my family

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Inspired by Makenna’s story, which you can read about here, I thought it was time that I did something besides donate a little money to the cause. I want this cause to be bigger. I want people caring as much about the daily struggles that we go through as they do about every other illness. It’s time we give narcolepsy a little more attention. On July 14th, I will be running for Makenna, her family, myself, my family, and all of the other people with narcolepsy and those who support them. I call us Narcolepsy Warriors because it feels like we’re in a war with our own bodies.

Here’s what you do.

1.) Consider donating even if it’s only $5 by clicking the donate button on the top right sidebar of the blog. You can also donate directly to the Stanford Center for Narcolepsy by making a check payable to Stanford University and mailing it with a letter stating “the donation is a gift to be used for narcolepsy research.” The address is:

Gift Processing
Sleep Center Administration
1050 Arastradero Road
Bldg. A 2nd Fl. Ste. A248
Palo Alto, CA 94304

2.) Like the Facebook Page https://www.facebook...syResearchFunds

3.) Share the page with as many people as you can! The more we spread the word, the better chance we have for raising more funds.

4.) Gather some friends and family and pick a time on July 14th that you will walk or run.

5.) On July 14th, enjoy your time outdoors. Send me a picture by e-mailing me at stridesagainstnarcolepsy@gmail.com or post it to the Facebook Page. Tell us why you participated.