• 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

-

#2 mdTO

mdTO

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

I play competitive rugby and football. Some of the adjustments I've made include things like taking a nap before practices and games; adjusting my med schedule on game day; and taking a knee when I need it during a game or practice, especially when I've been experiencing a lot of cataplexy episodes.

#3 Asleeper

Asleeper

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Minnesota

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

I down hill ski. It seems that if you enjoy something enough it keeps you awake. I tend to ski fast but haven't fallen in years. I do tend to fall asleep as soon as I stop. Sometimes at lunch or in the parking lot before driving home.

#4 Contemplative

Contemplative

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Writing, exercising, socializing, coloring mandalas, research, online shopping without ever checking out. Well, OK, almost never. Practicing radical acceptance and just letting go.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Quit my job as a Personal Trainer because the N makes it too impossible to drive and there is little public transportation where I live AND I've adapted. I now bike and row on a daily basis. My trick, I do it indoors on a combination recumbent bike/rower. Just today I biked for only 10 minutes before I got overwhelmingly tired from a arduous work day. I just had to lay down and didn't have the energy to go two flight upstairs so I hopped off and napped for twenty minutes on the cement floor before biking for an hour and rowing for fifteen minutes. Believe or not it was fairly comfortable. Also, I've adapted the time I work out. Though I love to work out in the AM it would really wear me out during my work day making it nearly impossible to get through (I have Fibro, too) AND I don't want to exercise too late so as soon as I walk in the door I bike, row, or do pilates. I've had to give up all weight bearing activities due to extensive podiatric problems AND I've managed to get around that too! Yay team!!