Medicinal Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brittany

brittany

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I smoke every day. I really think it helps with my fatigue and not feeling like I have the energy to do anything. I'll smoke before I have to do most things. It also makes it easier to entertain myself so I don't get sleepy. Being tired can make me feel irritable, weed helps me be in a better mood.

Does anyone else smoke weed? If you don't, I recommend it.

#2 songbird

songbird

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I smoke every day. I really think it helps with my fatigue and not feeling like I have the energy to do anything. I'll smoke before I have to do most things. It also makes it easier to entertain myself so I don't get sleepy. Being tired can make me feel irritable, weed helps me be in a better mood.

Does anyone else smoke weed? If you don't, I recommend it.

Haha, it's not for everyone, though. That's one of the reasons I wish it were legal is because it takes so much experimenting just to find the strain and delivery method that works best for the individual that it becomes more trouble than it's worth for most people. And for somebody with a sleep disorder, getting couch-locked will put a definite end to your night.

All that said, I think a short puff in the afternoon is more effective and gentler than taking yet another dose of Ritalin. I'm usually in too much of a hurry in the mornings to do much more than take a pill. Plus I wouldn't want to go to work smelling fresh. YMMV. :D

#3 sandrad

sandrad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

I smoke and I have smoked for years on and off medication for N. I find now that it works best as a mood stabilizer, Ritilian makes me an irritable mess. I feel bi-polar sometimes sad, mad, happy.... Weed makes me calm and cool and way less pissed at life.

Haha, it's not for everyone, though. That's one of the reasons I wish it were legal is because it takes so much experimenting just to find the strain and delivery method that works best for the individual that it becomes more trouble than it's worth for most people. And for somebody with a sleep disorder, getting couch-locked will put a definite end to your night.

All that said, I think a short puff in the afternoon is more effective and gentler than taking yet another dose of Ritalin. I'm usually in too much of a hurry in the mornings to do much more than take a pill. Plus I wouldn't want to go to work smelling fresh. YMMV. :D

#4 JMac50

JMac50

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

One of the reasons you may feel more refreshed the next day could be due to the marijuana effect of the sleep cycle. The majority of MSLT tests of Narcoleptics show a decreased SWS and REM. Studies have shown that increased SWS(slow wave sleep aka deep sleep) increases during the sleep cycle. The negitive effect is greatly decreased REM sleep.

#5 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

I was planning on using a vape, anyone had good results with this?  Was thinking of hitting it before bed and some sorta stim in the morning.  It's going to be tough to find a strain, I haven't smoked in over 10 years. 

Then again, I'm in Canada :P

#6 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,116 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I would recommend trying to actually find the medicinal THC oil if you are going to do this. Vaping would prolly be better than smoking but it's still a pretty unscientific way to administer a dosage. And you don't want to do it to a high from what I've read or you'll just get locked in alpha. Prolly just do enough to get a slight buzz.

EDIT: This post was made under the assumption that MMJ is legal in Canada. If I am in error, I can't officially recommend you engage in illegal activity, despite how asinine certain laws may seem.

#7 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

TBH I'm not sure if it is or isn't officially; I haven't looked into it since I don't really follow things.  We don't talk a lot of politics up here.  Regardless, the general attitudes regarding it are very very open.  I think it's been decriminalized, so under a personal quantity it's nothing, a fine at most.  I'll check into it later since it looks like this will be an effective treatment for me regardless of the diagnosis I get.

I'll certainly be asking the doctor when I see him in a couple of days.  I have a lot of questions, hopefully he speaks english and doesn't just dismiss my issues.

#8 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I checked into it over the weekend - it's legalized for medicinal use, just need to fill out some paperwork and get a photo ID from them.  Have to buy it from the government as well, unless you grow it yourself from what I've seen.  There are some great strains to put people into a dreamless sleep.  I see a lot of meds to deal with the EDS issues, but not a lot to keep you sleeping, or from dreaming.  I'm thinking this would be a good supplement to a stimulant.