Cataplexy And Free Floating Anxiety?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SleepyinSF

SleepyinSF

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

Does anyone have cataplexy associated with free-floating anxiety? I noticed some weakness and drooping in my face and my knees buckled, which occurred simultaneously with a feeling of extreme anxiety. However, the anxiety didn't have a direct cause. I take 150 MG Effexor for Cataplexy and usually only experience strong symptoms in extreme situations, such as a serious fright or surprise. Has anyone else had the experience of cataplexy associated with anxiety that doesn't have a trigger?

#2 Guest_tabster1_*

Guest_tabster1_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone have cataplexy associated with free-floating anxiety? I noticed some weakness and drooping in my face and my knees buckled, which occurred simultaneously with a feeling of extreme anxiety. However, the anxiety didn't have a direct cause. I take 150 MG Effexor for Cataplexy and usually only experience strong symptoms in extreme situations, such as a serious fright or surprise. Has anyone else had the experience of cataplexy associated with anxiety that doesn't have a trigger?

Possibly. For awhile I would get extremely anxious and feel "strange" and my heart would feel like it was racing, then I would hit the floor. Doctor told me it wasn't narcolepsy related and I ended up in the hospital for a week while they ran every test known to man on me (all of which came back normal). However, most people on here experience the emotion and the attack and the same time, I think.

#3 Guest_tabster1_*

Guest_tabster1_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

So talked to my sleep doctor today. I told him about how for awhile I would get this really nervous anxious feeling and then I would drop. He asked if I was still concious and I said yes, and he was like, yep, that's cataplexy. I don't know about you but I have an anxiety disorder, I get really nervous for no reason so I guess in that situation the anxiety itself is the trigger.