Indianapolis Area!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ariel K.

Ariel K.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm interested in starting a support group for some of us in the Indianapolis area. Nothing too fancy, just getting together, sharing the peaks and pits of our lives with narcolepsy. Maybe get together at a Starbucks or something. It would be nice just to simply have some fellowship! Message me or reply to this board if you are interested!

#2 CarlaWilS

CarlaWilS

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Food! Music, singing, writing, movies, reading, baking, chocolate, cookies, flaky pastries, bread. Just food. Lots of food. Mainly sweets.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I'd be interested in meeting up with people. There aren't any active support groups in Indianapolis, so a casual get together would be nice. I'm newly diagnosed and don't know anyone else with narcolepsy so it would really help to talk with people who've gone through some of what I'm experiencing.

#3 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

No idea if this is still occurring?  I never made it to one: http://narcolepsyind...pportgroup.com/

#4 CarlaWilS

CarlaWilS

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Food! Music, singing, writing, movies, reading, baking, chocolate, cookies, flaky pastries, bread. Just food. Lots of food. Mainly sweets.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

I actually went to the meeting place last month on the day it was supposed to happen and the office was locked. It's on my list of to-do's to call the office and see if the meeting moved locations. I tried emailing the address on the website, but I was sent a response saying that the email no longer exists. So either it's not happening anymore or it's under new leadership. I'll let you know what I find out when I call.

#5 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thanks, and appreciated!

#6 Sleepyeyes

Sleepyeyes

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

I live in Indianapolis and would love to be involved in a Meet-Up.  If anyone is interested please let me know.  I don't know anyone

who has Narcolepsy and I really wish I had other people with the diagnosis to talk to.  I'll check this site every day.  Thanks.

#7 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

The three of us, above, had a meet up last summer (I think it was).  I believe that Carla has moved from Indiana.

I'm still down in Bloomington and could meet sometime (once my car is repaired... not sure exactly when that will be?).

#8 Sleepyeyes

Sleepyeyes

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

That would be great!  I just met someone who was diagnosed with Narcolepsy - perhaps she would want to join us.  What do I need to do to learn when the meeting will take place?

#9 chichi

chichi

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed for a little over two years and would love to be able to meet up with others in Indiana