Photo

Adderall Shortage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flutterbye_xo

flutterbye_xo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Running, painting, reading, xbox, music, paintball...I want to dance.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

For Those On Adderall You May Know There Is A Shortage And This Is Going To Continue And Get Worse. Vyvanse Might Be One Alternative Option. Patients Have Told Me It Works Better. There Is No Generic And It Is Expensive But There Are Manufacturer Coupons.

#2 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

I think it just started to hit the area that i am in... i just started on Vyvanse and am not a big fan... takes so long to kick in, isnt strong enough, gives me the jitters, and stays in my system to long...

Not the same for everyone, I have a friend who loves his!

#3 Ben L

Ben L

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:I work in IT. Never married. No children. I have interests in eastern culture and philosophies, yoga, astronomy, physics, and nature.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

For Those On Adderall You May Know There Is A Shortage And This Is Going To Continue And Get Worse. Vyvanse Might Be One Alternative Option. Patients Have Told Me It Works Better. There Is No Generic And It Is Expensive But There Are Manufacturer Coupons.

The manufacturers say there is a shortage due to DEA restrictions. The DEA is questioning whether or not there actually is shortage:

Special Agent Gary Boggs of the DEA’s office of diversion control told the New York Times, ”We believe there is plenty of supply.”

Only one of them is right. Someone is not doing their job. Or the manufacturers are withholding it to price gouge. Meanwhile, those of us who need it get to wonder and worry.

Full article: ABC News

#4 novacat

novacat

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:horse back riding, hiking, eating chocolate, sleeping, helping others, learning things, music, guitar sometimes, hanging out with my dog(:

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

The manufacturers say there is a shortage due to DEA restrictions. The DEA is questioning whether or not there actually is shortage:

Special Agent Gary Boggs of the DEA’s office of diversion control told the New York Times, ”We believe there is plenty of supply.”

Only one of them is right. Someone is not doing their job. Or the manufacturers are withholding it to price gouge. Meanwhile, those of us who need it get to wonder and worry.

Full article: ABC News

The adderall shortage scares me so much because it has given me my life back, but without it i can not function. Ahhhh stupid government and people who abuse adderall are causing all these problems for the people that actually need the medicine. The Dea thinks there's plenty of a supply, but I'm not so sure about that. Its really frustrating when you have to drive to like 4 different pharmacies all over the world to find your medication. Its even worse when youre living out of state at college without a car and only a couple of pharmacies in the area.

#5 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

I would suggest asking your Dr. to give you a higher dose then needed then you can spilt the pills... take the correct amount and stock up.

Everything seems fine in my area, I go to the same Pharm and they always have it... although it was just switched to a different brand that I do not like as much. Other other pills tasted almost sweet lol and were a much darker blue and a different shape. Wish they all were just the same exact thing!