Photo

Columbus Area Group

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corey91386

corey91386

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Family, Feeling Better!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

I am new to N. I have recently been diagnosed. I was wondering if there are any support groups in the Central Ohio area????

#2 sleepyk

sleepyk

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

The only one I have heard of is a general sleep disorder support group. They hold meetings at the Elizabeth Blackwell Center (near Riverside hospital). The last one was in November, so it is still active.

Here's the info:

OHIO Central Ohio Sleep Disorders Support Group
Serving Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas
NOTE: Group meets from 2:00 - 4:00pm on the third
Sunday of the month at various locations in the Columbus area. Wed. evening meetings will be held from 5:30 -7:00pm in the first month of each quarter. All are welcome to attend. We are an informal patient support group of people with various sleep disorders who started meeting in 1986. We exist to help each other and anyone interested in learning more about sleep through educational materials, guest speakers, referrals to community services, suggested readings, contact with national organizations, and most importantly, support among our members

I would also be interested in working on a narcolepsy-specific group in Central Ohio. I've noticed there are a good number of people on this site who are in Central Ohio.