Jump to content


Employer Refusing To Pay Short Term Disability

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karly



  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

I am newly diagnosed with Narcolepsy- I have been seeing my family doc who put me on Adderrall Xr 30mg, 2 a day and Provigil 200mg, 2 a day and there has been a very small amount of improvement- Where do you go to get the diagnosis confirmed and get treatment? My Dr put me on short term disability while I am working on resolving it and my employer is refusing "to allow the claim"because they dont think he gave enough information to substantiate me not being able to do my job-therefore I am not getting a paycheck either- My employer thinks he should have done some diagnostic testing and given me driving restrictions - I am desperate - And the best part is , I am an RN and work for a huge insurance company!Any suggestions as to what to do?

#2 Lis



  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

How did your doctor diagnose you with narcolepsy? It can only be diagnosed through an overnight sleep study with a daytime MSLT. That is the diagnostic test for Narcolepsy. Is your doctor a sleep specialist? If not, I'd make an appointment with one right away and let him set up a sleep study/mslt test for you. For all you know, it could be an entirely different sleep disorder altogether that you suffer from. (ie: sleep apnea). Should've never diagnosed you without doing that study first. :S. That test is the diangostic results your employer needs to confirm your diagnosis. :)