Is This Rem?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sleepystarz

sleepystarz

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

When I close my eyes to take a nap when I'm really tired, I can feel my eyes moving and darting around. Is this REM or is it normal to have a lot of eye movement?

#2 sleepyk

sleepyk

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

I've noticed this, too, and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer, either.:wacko: This has happened to me as I feel myself falling asleep.

#3 sleepystarz

sleepystarz

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

I've noticed this, too, and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer, either.:wacko: This has happened to me as I feel myself falling asleep.

Do you have narcolepsy?

#4 sleepyk

sleepyk

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Do you have narcolepsy?

Yes, I was diagnosed just 2 days ago, but it's something the doctor and I have expected for awhile now. Just got enough money for a sleep study. Yay!

#5 sleepystarz

sleepystarz

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

I'd love to know if this happens to anyone else and if anyone knows what causes it.

#6 okami

okami

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

This also happens to me. I'm not diagnosed. I have always wondered this as well. It doesn't seem normal but I haven't been able to find out more about it.

#7 dozzer

dozzer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've been experiencing this for years. My eyes just start 'flicking' from side to side, not so much up or down. This can last up to 40 minutes or so. If I'm in a place where I can just relax, I've learned to just go with it until it runs its course. I usually feel refreshed after. From what I've read it does seem like REM. Until my MD suggested I might be PWN and I came to this site I'd never made the connection that this might be some sort of daytime REM activity.

It would be great to know what this really is!

#8 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

REM, I think, would have much quicker and chaotic movement. Your eyes loll around more lazily and rhythmically in alpha sleep, so I bet that's what you're seeing. Also, check the date on the post, mate. If it's that old, you're probably just better off making a new topic, because none of the OPs are around anymore most likely. Turnover here is pretty high, mainly because I think as soon as people find a treatment that works really well for them, they stop caring about networking with other PWNs, which I guess is understandable.