Photo

Support Group In Southern Va

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nerkie

nerkie

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Working, playing in the water, hanging out with the BF and playing Skyrim, traveling.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

My name is Victoria and I would love to start a support group in southern VA. I live in Gloucester (a very small town, the closest 'big city' is Yorktown, or Williamsburg) and while I would love to go to the meeting in DC, it's far too long of a drive to go to. So I figured I'd try and start up a support group for those in the southern part of the state with a meeting place of possibly Williamsburg, Hampton, Virginia Beach or Richmond. I also plan to pass out fliers and what not, so meeting places will probably change as the group evolves, but hopefully we'll be able to set up in a place that is easy for everyone to get to. Please let me know if anyone is interested!
Thank you,
Vikki
"My new life now only consists of work, sleep and Skyrim!"
Skyrim Releases 11/11/11

#2 nerkie

nerkie

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Working, playing in the water, hanging out with the BF and playing Skyrim, traveling.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

I haven't gotten any response from those on this sight, but I haven't lost hope! I'll be posting fliers around locally, in Gloucester, VA/Yorktown/Williamsburg, possibly even Glenns and Westpoint. I want to reach out help those dealing with this emotionally devestating disorder. I know there's people out there, and maybe some are just like how I used to be... shy and almost afraid of rejection if I posted anything. If you have any suggestions or questions or just want to chat please feel free to email me at nerkie@yahoo.com I will be posting up a place, date and time of the first meeting later. I look forward to meeting other Narcoleptics, or just those curious about the disease. The group will be open to any all people, whether they have it, are curious if they might have it or if it's the friend/family member of a person suffering from N.
Have an awesome day!

#3 nerkie

nerkie

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

First support group meeting will be in January!

#4 The~Crazy~Lyfe~Of~Me

The~Crazy~Lyfe~Of~Me

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

First support group meeting will be in January!

Hi! I was insterested if you had found anyone to start a support group with?