ericsgagnon

Where's My Hypocretin/orexin Nasal Spray?

30 posts in this topic

Wow...all of that is pretty fascinating. I'm actually quite close to a pharmacist who is in his fourth year of his doctor of pharmacy program and some of the things they do at his college involve compounding pharmaceuticals...I wonder if they might be able to do this...

I have EDS and have been lurking this site for a while. I've been scouring the web for a cure or a way to reduce symptoms and it seems that Orexin A is the key to not masking the symptoms but resolving them.  But the problem is lack of demand / profit, right?  Well, it seems that with all the interest in nootropics, there is a market, and I may have uncovered a cheap source.

There is a website that sells 120 doses of Orexin A Nasal spray for 99.99 Euros. I'd give the name if it is appropriate, but I'm excited that for under $120 that there may be some relief for us either now or in the near future.

Description says: Each actuation delivers 50 mcg Orexin A into the nasal passages. Shake the bottle before use and apply two sprays into each nostril, preferably in the morning or when needed.

I'm curious what the group thinks.  Does this sound like a product that would work, and if so, might this type of offering be available in the US soon?

They're pretty liberal here with the moderating aspects of the forum. Go ahead and provide the link to what you found and/or you could take one for the team and try it out. As with all meds, it may or may not work but there's only one way to find out.

May the force be with you!

Normally I wouldn't post a link to a product, especially if I hadn't used it, but this really got my interest:

http://www.anthropologyreviews.com/product/orexin-a-nasal-spray/

I did my research on the site and nothing bad came up other than dispensing nootropics is a bit of a gray area.  I think this is the first time I've seen the prices for the nasal spray to be something reasonable that, if it worked, could be a solution for us.