Sat In The Car Today

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keean

keean

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I sat in the driver seat of my car today. I had no less than 2 sleep attacks while sitting there, but even so I was still very tempted to go for a drive. I never put the key in, I held it in my hand and looked at it. I know it's best I don't drive at all, at least until (IF) I can get treatment worked out. And right now I can survive without driving, I just hate it a lot. I really want to have the choice to drive myself places. I don't know if next time I'll be able to resist. I don't want to crash my car or kill someone. How do I deal with this? I thought as time goes by it would get easier, but it hasn't :( I'm trying to sell the car so I'm not so tempted, but I don't know when that will happen.

#2 LIGHTSHARER

LIGHTSHARER

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

I sat in the driver seat of my car today. I had no less than 2 sleep attacks while sitting there, but even so I was still very tempted to go for a drive. I never put the key in, I held it in my hand and looked at it. I know it's best I don't drive at all, at least until (IF) I can get treatment worked out. And right now I can survive without driving, I just hate it a lot. I really want to have the choice to drive myself places. I don't know if next time I'll be able to resist. I don't want to crash my car or kill someone. How do I deal with this? I thought as time goes by it would get easier, but it hasn't :( I'm trying to sell the car so I'm not so tempted, but I don't know when that will happen.

I just found this forum. When I read your post I felt so bad for you. I can't drive either. I live in a small village, and the closest town is 33 miles away. There are no buses. I have to take a cab. It costs $45.25 one way. My doctors are all in this town. there's no one who can drive me. I wish I could just walk around Walmart or K-Mart...go out to eat. All our village has is a McD's, and I get sick of that. My doc put me on Nuvigil. I've been on it about 10 days, and have noticed no difference. I've had 5 back surgeries and a hip replacement...now this? What a grim life we have!

#3 XxSweet6LovexX

XxSweet6LovexX

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hi! When I got done reading this post I said to my self " Hmmmmmh! Theyre lucky they dont have to worry with driving"  I say this because I do drive. Its the most terrifing part of my day! I never know when I am going to "knock out" or cataplexy will happen to me. Every second I am behind the wheel, my mind is consumed with the thought of what will happen if I fall asleep. One night I got on the interstate , and the last thing I remember was getting on the interstate. I woke up 20 min later , somewhere I did not know anything about. I freaked out because I did not realize what was goin on, so I pulled my car over. Thank GOD himself there was a statetrooper that seen me pull over and stopped to ask if I was ok, I told him I was lost and needed to directions home.......!

So believe me when I say, its better off not having one, for everyones saftey.  Thats why I am probably gonna give mine up.