Photo

Tampa Bay Fl

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 narcatfl

narcatfl

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:My current Interest is starting a Narcolepsy Support group and eventually doing some public awareness about Narcolepsy.

I like to be positive, have gratitude, and pat myself on the back for my patience with the people who do not understand! lol

I like to walk, bike, kayak, exercise, yoga, read, movies, play cards and games, fool with my guitar, do art, eat healthy tasty food, coffee/tea and chat!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

Is there anyone interested in participating, helping create and/or attending a Narcolepsy/Hypersomnia support group in or around the Tampa Bay FL area?

I'm trying think of a couple of different places and times to have a meeting. Then I/we/you may try contacting some of the Dr's offices and centers with the place and time.

Anyone want to just chat about it or chat, I'm trying to make some PWN friends.

#2 Christina G

Christina G

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi
Wondering if you are still around - I'm in the Gainesville FL area and would love to see a North Florida support group happen. If you're still around and willing - reach out!

Christina

Is there anyone interested in participating, helping create and/or attending a Narcolepsy/Hypersomnia support group in or around the Tampa Bay FL area?

I'm trying think of a couple of different places and times to have a meeting. Then I/we/you may try contacting some of the Dr's offices and centers with the place and time.

Anyone want to just chat about it or chat, I'm trying to make some PWN friends.

#3 Kassie

Kassie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

I was diagnosed with Naroclepsy last week and was hoping to join a group in the Tampa area or meet others in the area. If anyone knows any information, get back to me please!

:) Kassie

#4 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Genetics, baking, music, animals, hashing.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I live in Pensacola, so I would love to see a north Florida group happen!

#5 jhawk13

jhawk13

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I live in Pinellas County but would be happy to travel to Tampa if anyone is interested in meeting up for support. It's been almost 3 yrs since I was diagnosed. I've never met a person face to face that also has Narcolepsy. I feel like it would be so helpful to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through. If anyone knows of an already existing group or would like to talk send me a message.
Jessica

#6 kjordan93

kjordan93

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

I live in Pensacola, so I would love to see a north Florida group happen!

I live in Tallahassee and would also love to see a north Florida group.

#7 napper3

napper3

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Im close to Pensacola, cannot find support group.

#8 ZZDave

ZZDave

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:doing things, being happy, making others happy, creating, inventing, electronics, sleeping when unavoidable, making the best of the moment when I am able.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi out there. I live in Sarasota County and would like to know/meet others with N. For me, driving what I consider :lol: long distances is a problem. But, "where there's a will, there's a way", I believe in.

If I come up with any solutions on my own I'll post them here.

#9 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Genetics, baking, music, animals, hashing.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Would some of y'all be interested in meeting up some time this summer? Maybe in the middle of the panhandle? Seaside is a really nice area