Documentary Needs Participants!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VanSnoozen

VanSnoozen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

[UPDATE: Unfortunately this project was cut during final project decisions but I thank everyone who offered support and help for this project! Who knows, maybe in the future...]

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica VanDeusen. I am currently a senior at Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY where I am studying Television Production. I am now taking my capstone production course, in which the goals is to produce an advanced production over the course of the semester.

What this means for you all:
For my project, I would love to create a documentary about Narcolepsy. I am looking for individuals (maybe 2?) with the condition who would be willing to be filmed going about their daily lives. (I am a Narco too so I totally get it!) Ideally, I am looking for people who are comfortable with being candid about their experiences and are open to being filmed more personal settings such as at home, work, the doctor, etc. Given the limited budget of this piece, I am looking for individuals who are within a days driving distance of Ithaca, NY OR the Rhode Island/Boston area. I am particularly interested in individuals who may be attending the conference in Las Vegas in October, but that is NOT a requirement for consideration.

The final piece will be screened on campus in December, with the possibility of distribution outside of the school as well. Many other student pieces have gone on to be aired on PBS stations and at various film festivals.

If you have any questions and/or if this sounds like something you would be interested in doing, please feel free to contact me at jessica1443@hotmail.com or PM me here.

I can't wait to hear from you all! I'm very excited to get create something that can share our story!

~Jess VanDeusen

#2 NetiNeti

NetiNeti

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

I just moved from the Upstate, NY area. If I was still there, I would have been glad to.,