Interviewing Fellow Narcoleptics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blksleepingbeauty

blksleepingbeauty

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

Have you ever wondered why there are not more books about life with narcolepsy? Do you have a story that other narcoleptics can learn from? If you do, then I want your help in putting together a collection of stories from fellow narcoleptics. I have been living with narcolepsy for over 15 years and right now I’m looking to meet other young adults to hear how others have overcome or dealt with the unique challenges of narcolepsy. Be prepared to talk about life milestones and how narcolepsy was a part of them; milestones like a first driver’s license, graduation, moving out, dating, marriage, job successes and pitfalls, children, and more.

I am located in the Houston area, I went to college in Atlanta and then went to graduate school in Ohio. I have worked as an interviewer for a university research project based on a peer-interview model. Currently I’m self-employed and I am able to travel to meet and interview other narcoleptics.

I’m looking to interview men and women who have been diagnosed or treated for narcolepsy and are between the ages of 16 and 36. If this is you, and you would like to be apart of this project please contact me at Nicole_eugene@att.net.