FinallyAwake

Support Group In Or Around Sf Bay Area

36 posts in this topic

i am told there is on the average but 1 narcoleptic in a city the size of reno, nevada, pop. 100,000 or so. i don't know how accurate this may be, yet if it's true it would explain much.

Hi, This is Debra. I live in San Jose/Santa Clara area. I was diagnosed last February of 2014 with N. I am disgusted that it took so long to be diagnosed. I am a registered nurse. I never considered N as a possibility due to the extreme way it is usually described by so called experts. I am organizing a Silicon Valley Narcolepsy Awareness and Support group. The mission being to provide education about the spectrum of what Narcolepsy looks like, not just the extreme cases, and to provide a support group for those with Narcolepsy in the Bay area. I have no idea how many we are. I am currently checking out possible places to meet. Possibly a Kaiser hospital would lend a meeting room. Please post something here if you are interested.

Hi, This is Debra. I live in San Jose/Santa Clara area. I was diagnosed last February of 2014 with N. I am disgusted that it took so long to be diagnosed. I am a registered nurse. I never considered N as a possibility due to the extreme way it is usually described by so called experts. I am organizing a Silicon Valley Narcolepsy Awareness and Support group. The mission being to provide education about the spectrum of what Narcolepsy looks like, not just the extreme cases, and to provide a support group for those with Narcolepsy in the Bay area. I have no idea how many we are. I am currently checking out possible places to meet. Possibly a Kaiser hospital would lend a meeting room. Please post something here if you are interested.

i'm interested, and i'll come from napa to be there when we meet.  keep us posted.

I live on the Peninsula and am definitely interested! Please keep me updated on any future meet-ups: kendahlia@gmail.com.

Im willing to start one if someone is willing to help. Im sure i can get a room at kaiser in santa rosa and probably can have my sleep doctor help us with the first few meetings. Anyone interested email budandcelia8373@gmail.com

Oh btw i have hypersomnia. But i think the narcs and the hyps can benefit from each other.

Hey, I'm 23 and from the marin/sonoma area, and would love to talk to someone who relates to all this :( I'm also in the Davis area the next couple weeks finishing up school 

I am in santa clara/san jose as well and would be interested in going to a support group, especially if we had a a facilitator with experience running a group. I hope this thread picks up more and something comes of it

I'm moving to Sacramento on Monday, I would love to connect with my narcoleptic friends in the area!!!

I'm in Sacramento, but travel to SF occasionally. I'd be interested in learning more about a group. Thanks!

I'm in Livermore, if anything is ever arranged, I would love to meet up with local PWN!