Photo

Support Group In Or Around Sf Bay Area

22 replies to this topic

#1 FinallyAwake

FinallyAwake

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Looking for support in or around the Peninsula/Sf Bay Area.
San Francisco to San Jose

#2 Guest_dinah_*

Guest_dinah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Optional= and content=Contact Mali Eisen at Stanford University -- narcolepsy research group headed by Dr,. Mignot -- surely, she will know about a group if one exists.

#3 Guest_Leslie_*

Guest_Leslie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Optional= and content=Contact Mali Eisen at Stanford University -- narcolepsy research group headed by Dr,. Mignot -- surely, she will know about a group if one exists.

Thank you very much.

#4 Kayra

Kayra

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, video games, film stuff, random artsy junk that's fun to do, making costumes.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Thank you very much.

Hey, I'm from the Bay Area specifically Santa Cruz maybe if there is no group we could maybe start one?

#5 SleepyinSF

SleepyinSF

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hey, I'm from the Bay Area specifically Santa Cruz maybe if there is no group we could maybe start one?

Hey, I live in SF and I'd be interested in starting a group too if there isn't one. I've looked around a bit and have found one.

#6 Guest_Drea_*

Guest_Drea_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hey, I live in SF and I'd be interested in starting a group too if there isn't one. I've looked around a bit and have found one.

What group did you come across? I have idiopathic hypersomnia and would also be interested in a support group.
Thanks!

#7 Kayra

Kayra

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, video games, film stuff, random artsy junk that's fun to do, making costumes.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Cool if you could potentially pass on that information of the group? I would be super appreciative. I heard about one in SF and contacted one person but never heard word of any actual meetings. But anyways if you could pass on the info my email is kayra.fails@gmail.com Thanks a lot!

#8 Niemie

Niemie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Things I do to stay awake: dog training, cooking, running, hiking, historic home restoration, travel

Things I would love to do more often if I could stay awake: reading, watching movies, writing, drinks with friends, etc.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I'm in Sacramento, but travel to SF occasionally. I'd be interested in learning more about a group. Thanks!

#9 gina123

gina123

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I would love to start a support group.... My email is paulsurinder1@yahoo.com. Let's do it. I will make the arrangments, and post it. give me some ideas of times and days.

#10 Guest_kayra_*

Guest_kayra_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

This sounds great, I'm just wondering what would be a good location for everyone.

#11 LauraL

LauraL

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Reading, singing, piano

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Also interested. I'm in Sacramento. East Bay (or Sacramento) would be ideal, but I'd be interested no matter where you set up.

Just diagnosed two weeks ago. Suddenly everything is making sense!

#12 Dakota

Dakota

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Also interested. I'm in Sacramento. East Bay (or Sacramento) would be ideal, but I'd be interested no matter where you set up.

Just diagnosed two weeks ago. Suddenly everything is making sense!

Totally get that. I also am in Sacramento but would be interested!

#13 redsonya

redsonya

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

I live in the SF Bay area (San Bruno) and I am sper interested in attending a support group if one exists or even interested in helping start a group

#14 LauraL

LauraL

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Reading, singing, piano

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Totally get that. I also am in Sacramento but would be interested!

Hi Dakota! Just saw this today. Haven't been very good at checking these! I've met one other woman in Sac with N--she and I got together a few months ago to chat--super helpful. My neuro gave me the info for the director of the Sutter Sleep Center, and suggested I contact him if I wanted to try to get a group together--they could provide us with a place to meet, and possibly a staff member to meet with us? I never followed up on it, but maybe I should.

#15 Guest_nancy waldman_*

Guest_nancy waldman_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

What group did you come across? I have idiopathic hypersomnia and would also be interested in a support group.
Thanks!

I am looking for a support group, (or just someone to email or talk to)for my 12 year old daughter who has pretty severe narcolepsy with cataplexy. She feels alone and would really like to share her feelings with another 12 year old girl who might have similar issues.

#16 Guest_nancy w_*

Guest_nancy w_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Thanks!

I am looking for a support group, (or just someone to email or talk to)for my 12 year old daughter who has pretty severe narcolepsy with cataplexy. She feels alone and would really like to share her feelings with another 12 year old girl who might have similar issues.

#17 Guest_Michelle C._*

Guest_Michelle C._*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I live in Belmont, CA and would love to attend a support group. San Francisco would be too far for me to drive, so if there was one within 10-15 miles of Belmont

it would be great. 

#18 doinmdarndest

doinmdarndest

• Banned
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:construction kayaking bowling cool old stuff my wonderful little blonde gal

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

i live in napa.  is there a support group in 100 mile radius?

#19 Guest_judy_*

Guest_judy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

I am trying to get Narcolepsy diagnosed at Kaiser, Pleasanton.  Are there any online support grps around this area?  I am disabled with Neurology problem. Also have Adult ADD. Am positive for home test , Mild Sleep Apnea.  Mild is not treated.  I am offered an overnight test in the hospital, but am so weak, dizzy, EDS, I wonder if at age 73, I am able to get in to the hospital and get a test completed.  Is it not possible to get a diagnosis without the hospital test?

#20 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I must clear it with Susie; but perhaps a group of 8 or less could meet @ our place. those who would not find napa a sub-optimal location in which to meet, SOUND OFF so I know it's time to move ahead w/ the idea.

Reply to this topic