Sleep Study And Mlst

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jkooba

jkooba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Tomorrow is my sleep study and Wednesday is my MLST. Wish me luck! Im not too anxious, I figure what will be will be, but if they try to take my provigil away from me - all bets are off! :)

#2 jkooba

jkooba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'm 2 naps in to my MLST and I've hit REM and dreamed each time. I also fell asleep waiting between naps. How many of these naps do I have to reach REM before they'll start to think its narcolepsy?

#3 jkooba

jkooba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'm 2 naps in to my MLST and I've hit REM and dreamed each time. I also fell asleep waiting between naps. How many of these naps do I have to reach REM before they'll start to think its narcolepsy?

Ok, all done. 3 out of 5 naps I hit REM sleep with dreams. The other two I couldnt sleep because my head hurt. I fell asleep between naps 1 and 2 though. I couldnt help it. Anyone know if this means anything at all?

#4 jkooba

jkooba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Just got a call from my neurologist and my sleep study results are in! She told me..... to schedule an appointment with the sleep doctor (pulmonary specialty). Not sure what to make of that.

#5 sueno

sueno

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Just got a call from my neurologist and my sleep study results are in! She told me..... to schedule an appointment with the sleep doctor (pulmonary specialty). Not sure what to make of that.

Keep us posted. Waiting is no fun. Neither is having everyone look at your results but not tell you directly what is going on.

#6 jkooba

jkooba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Sueno - I thought no one was listening.

#7 doinmdarndest

doinmdarndest

• Banned
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:construction kayaking bowling cool old stuff my wonderful little blonde gal

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

if my info. is good, 2 or more naps w/REM=n. in the MSLT. i only had 1, but slept throughout all 5 wakeful intervals. my test was 'highly suggestive' of n., couldn't get any dr to say what impact sleeping through the wakeful intervals has on MSLT results. i think your results will be conclusive. what was your avg. latency? mine was 2.18 min.