• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stuabroad

stuabroad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Piano+Keyboards, IT, Travel, Mountain Biking

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Anyone registered for the Vegas conference in October?

I've found details on the conference to be fairly vague at the moment. Curious to nkow what the agenda is and the format for the weekend.

Also what other conference attendees are hoping to get out of it!

Cheers.

#2 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Root Admin
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Anyone registered for the Vegas conference in October?

I've found details on the conference to be fairly vague at the moment. Curious to nkow what the agenda is and the format for the weekend.

Also what other conference attendees are hoping to get out of it!

Cheers.

So far this is the information that has been posted. Conference information page

Trust me, the conference organizers are working hard on the schedule, plus lots of fun and interesting stuff. The final agenda will be available when you check in on Thursday. If you have never been to an NN conference, it is not a stuffy boring "talking" conference. Lots of people to talk to and time to socialize.

Feel free to ask questions about what to expect.

#3 Joyce

Joyce

• Root Admin
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

Going to the conference will change your life - no matter what is on the agenda! Trust me - I have been to 12 or more and I have meet others with N, made friends, and learn about the up and coming news and research. Had good food and got to travel whats not to like? I hope to see you there.

#4 knitgirl42

knitgirl42

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Would someone with idiopathic hypersomnia benefit from going? The treatment and symptoms are similar but I don't want to spend the money and travel there only to realize that unless you have narcolepsy, it isn't worth it.

#5 The Dreamer

The Dreamer

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Photography, Home Theatre Tech, Amateur Radio, Doctor Who, Volunteering, Engineering

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

Would someone with idiopathic hypersomnia benefit from going? The treatment and symptoms are similar but I don't want to spend the money and travel there only to realize that unless you have narcolepsy, it isn't worth it.

Yes....while I didn't know what I had when I went to last year's NN Conference. And, there was lots of information on the foggy frontier that is Narcolepsy and IH... Doc has settled on idiopathic hypersomnia now....and I'm planning to go to this year's NN Conference. I just hope the timing works and I'm not during a period where I need at least 12 hours of sleep each night find the elusive few productive hours during the day.... The problem apparently with not knowing why one has hypersomnia is they also don't seem to know how to treat it....so guess I'm looking for pointers on thinks I can try on my own.

Giving up the morning coffee has been a challenge...harder than the night cap I used to have to sleep....(and some how rye and coke made sense....probably like there was a period where I'd drink a cup off coffee before bed to help me sleep sometimes.)

The Dreamer.

#6 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

I just registered and I'm super excited. This will be my 3rd NN conference.

Joyce - I agree the 1st conference I went to changed my life completely!

#7 Emo

Emo

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Oh, I don't know. Lotta stuff. And not a lotta other stuff

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Yep. I have written about the joys of these things many times but only on the Nlist. Nlist is gone now, and my longwinded depictions and rambling are a bit unknown here.

It is the people you meet that are important and the people that create the great satisfaction from attending. You will find that not one of them is a stranger. This is because they live the same fractured life as you and you gotta admit it is hard to find somebody like that in your own neighborhood! Makes a great conversation starter too.

Like, "Do you have those dreams (HH) where you fly like a June bug? Or the ones where your sig other's face melts off while you watch?" It is hard to get the same animated replies about anything from those PWONs.

Har!

NIte nite
Emo
Reporting from Fort Mudge, Idaho

#8 narcats

narcats

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

It was one of those EXPERIENCES OF OMG ..A room full of us no one to judge you.. All kinds of n- n/c- hh- ih- sp -sw- i-and more..different levels from mild to extreme...grand parents their adult kids and grandkids - married- single- friends- people with it people with out sleep disorders.. family friends supporters.. ages 9(?) to 92...My son has cataplexy Dx but at this time no Dx for narcoplesy but he has it....Seeing people from support groups you belong to now you have a face that goes the their names..We like to go to the next one maybe..Were in California..I go by narcats, narcats1, kly, kly1 depending on support groups..I facebook and youtube.. I am pwon/c and its a family thing.. my real name is kelly