Easy Fast Meals

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Niki V.

Niki V.

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Here's a quick and simple meal for any family!!!! Less time in the kitchen more time for family & rest!

Camper's Stew
1 can whole kernel corn

1 can carrotts

1 can sliced whole potatoes

1 can sweet peas

1 can mixed vegetables

1 large & 1 regular size can of diced tomatoes

1 small can of tomatoe paste

1 can Turkey Spam

1 can Bacon Spam

1 can Chicken Spam

Slice the Spam into small cubes and place into large stock pan. Drain all the vegetable(do not drain tomatoes) and place into stock pan. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix all together, add salt and pepper to taste.

Prep/Cook Time: 15-20mins

ENJOY!!!!!!!!! My daughter loves it....and its even better the next day!!!!!This is all items you keep in dry storage and quick to throw together!!!!

#2 Rachel_Moron

Rachel_Moron

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

This is really nice quick cook recipe. I will try at home :) Thank you very much. This really gonna helpful for me.  One more recipe for cheese tortellini in light broth soup, I have tried to make it fast. Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the broth with pepper, to taste. Add the tortellini. Simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.
Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls. Top with parsley and Parmesan crisps and serve.

Parmesan Crisps, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended. Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2 inch apart.
Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.

#3 littlebosleep

littlebosleep

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

OMG! You need a pressure cooker. I just started using this old one that my husband's parents gifted upon us. It was his grandmothers. Anyway, I cooked entire chili from dry unsoaked beans in under an hour. I made a full beef stew with tender delicious stew meat in 45 min. 

And last night, I threw in a full pork roast for pulled pork. Cooked it for an hour, I might have to throw it back in for a bit today after work, but I think it might be done enough.

It's a miracle. 

#4 slo.mo.a.go.go

slo.mo.a.go.go

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:can't get enough creativity, silliness, learning, traveling near & far, art, illustration, absurdity, cycling, living simply, Marx Brothers movies!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Parmesan Crisps! oh that sounds delicioius & EZ! Thank you Rachel_Moron

#5 purpley

purpley

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Science and medicine. And staying awake, of course.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Electric slow cooker.  Dump everything in before going to work.  Come back home to hot food.  Life is good.

#6 Midoriliem

Midoriliem

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I have a gadget called Fasta Pasta...filled pasta plus red sauce...It's saved my evenings before.