Philly?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 scraprok

scraprok

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

Hello, I'm a recently diagnosed narcoleptic and i was looking to see if there's anything like a support group in the philadelphia area? All the link's i've found online are either old or dead and since i've hit a wall, i figure i'll ask.

thank you.

#2 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hello, I'm a recently diagnosed narcoleptic and i was looking to see if there's anything like a support group in the philadelphia area? All the link's i've found online are either old or dead and since i've hit a wall, i figure i'll ask.

thank you.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I couldn't find anything in the Philadelphia or Delaware Valley region. If anyone knows of anything, please post it here!

#3 Jaded Tigress

Jaded Tigress

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Learning to not let N rule my life, my husband & pets, reading, crocheting, science

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

I too am in the same boat! One would think that there has got to be some sort of support group in/near Philly...

#4 Lis

Lis

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, but I couldn't find anything in the Philadelphia or Delaware Valley region. If anyone knows of anything, please post it here!

I was looking for one too when I was in philly. Never did find a local one. Now I live near scranton, but I'm down to philly every month. Would be great to meet up with another narcoleptic either here near carbondale/scranton or in philly. :)

#5 yesyesyooo

yesyesyooo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

i live in levittown just above ne philly, would like to find a support group as well

#6 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

If there are enough of us in a concentrated area, it sounds like we should just start one...or petition a major hospital (Penn, Jefferson) to help!

#7 Tre

Tre

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Warmachine/Hordes, Knitting, Board Games, Hiking, Foreign Languages, Biology, Math

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Looking under New Jersey NAPS was the philly and suburb group. If we have willing members and and some to be at the helm...I'm willing to jump in. Some folks i North Jersey...some in philly....I happen to be in South Jersey and am sure I could find a meeting place not far over the river which would be pretty centrally located for all.

#8 818sis

818sis

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'd participate. I live near Philly. I can't run anything, though. I have 3 jobs already (starting a 4th in a week and a half, I hope!).

#9 KarenM

KarenM

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I don't know if you guys ever got one started, but I'd definitely be interested.

#10 Tre

Tre

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Warmachine/Hordes, Knitting, Board Games, Hiking, Foreign Languages, Biology, Math

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

So I want to try to at least try to get one meetup together to see if there is interest.  After much thought the Voorhees Town Center Food Court might be a good place to meet.  It used to be the Echelon Mall with Patco nearby and buses running regularly.  (http://voorheestowncenter.com/)  If this proves to be a good area we could look at reserving space at the library across the way.  This would just be an informal meetup to meet each other.  We could discuss further meetings (where, when, and what) if people are inclined.

If you want to attend please answer any or all of the following questions either in a reply or by emailing tre_brat@yahoo.com with Narcolepsy Meetup in the subject line.

1.  Can you meet us in the early afternoon on Saturday March 16 or March 23rd? 

2.  Are you interested in regular in person meetups?  If so how often?

I will post this in a few places and see if there is feedback.  If you reply or email me I will be sure to get a date and time to you.