Richmond Va

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kristin M

Kristin M

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Anyone interested in starting a support group in Richmond VA?

#2 catnapper

catnapper

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Yes! Have you heard from anyone else? Maybe we could let the local sleep disorder centers know & provide a flyer to get a group started.

#3 umissedme

umissedme

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

If family members are included I say yes. My son (almost 18) was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and we are struggling.
I am not sure if I could get him to come at first but am willing to try. I would be there with bells on.

#4 nerkie

nerkie

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Working, playing in the water, hanging out with the BF and playing Skyrim, traveling.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

If this offer for a support group is still open, I'd love to be apart of it! I can't really drive all the was to DC lol, and Richmond is only an hour or so away so it's a lot closer for me.

#5 metacognate

metacognate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Count me in! And I have a friend who'd probably be interested, too.

#6 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

YES PLEASE PLEASE!!

#7 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Where and when would you all like to meet? I am from RIC so I know the city well... there are some really nice parks... or... the botanical garden would be nice... talk about some fun HH there, its a little pricey tho!

#8 metacognate

metacognate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'd be up for going just about anywhere! Cool and dark is nice, though - indoors somewhere, or a park on a nice day? I don't know of many spaces we could meet, but there definitely are plenty.

#9 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

#10 catnapper

catnapper

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I wanted to start a Richmond group for some time but never could find the energy to do it. I still worry about the energy...but not having ANY support is so frustrating. I don't drive more than 20 minutes, so I can't make it to the DC group meetings, unfortunately.

soooooooooo

I'm jumping in and hoping to make this work. Please let me know if you want to help out in any way.

Our group can be found at http://www.meetup.co...lepy-central-va

I want to get things rolling right away, so the first meetup is on Saturday, October 19. Please RSVP at the above link (join first as a member).

I need this. Richmond needs this.

Please join the group if you live in the area. Spread the word, too. 

Colleen

#11 catnapper

catnapper

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Narcolepsy Support Group of Central VA is now up and running. We have held our first meeting and the second one is on the horizon, scheduled for Sunday, November 17. It is open to PWNs as well as family members/friends of PWNs. Please join our group at meetup.com to receive updates and meeting details.

Follow this link for more information and to join our support group!

http://www.meetup.co...epsy-central-va

Colleen  :D

#12 catnapper

catnapper

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Update on the Richmond area support group...

I'm experiencing a major setback with my meds - - dr increased my dosage of Nuvigil from 150 to 250 but still no luck. I've been trying to reach him for the past 2 days in order to ask for a different prescription...no luck there either.

If there is someone who wants to take the reigns, the MeetUp account is paid for through October. I just can't do it right now...even had to cut my part-time hours in half...can barely handle a 4-hr shift now...and no energy to run errands.

I'm trying to remain hopeful but just feel isolated, alone, and falling apart. So, please contact me if you want the MeetUp account.