Feeling Sick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crunchberries

crunchberries

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

When I told my mother about my diagnosis, I did it because I trusted her to keep it to herself and to support me. So far, she's done the opposite of what I trusted her to do. She's belittled my condition, insulted me by calling me 'lazy', and made jokes about 'how I wish I could sleep all day like you'.

Worst of all, she's been blabbing to others about my condition. She's told my aunt--which doesn't bother me--and my brother. The fact that my brother knows horrifies me. This is the man who physically and emotionally abused me for six years during my childhood and tormented me again for a year when I was an adult. Now he knows why I used to act the way I did. Now he has a huge weapon against me when he gets out of jail.

Why did she do this to me? I trusted her so much because she's my mother and she betrayed me.

I wish I could get out of here, but I have no job, no car, and I'm not on medication yet.

#2 The Mom

The Mom

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

When I told my mother about my diagnosis, I did it because I trusted her to keep it to herself and to support me. So far, she's done the opposite of what I trusted her to do. She's belittled my condition, insulted me by calling me 'lazy', and made jokes about 'how I wish I could sleep all day like you'.

Worst of all, she's been blabbing to others about my condition. She's told my aunt--which doesn't bother me--and my brother. The fact that my brother knows horrifies me. This is the man who physically and emotionally abused me for six years during my childhood and tormented me again for a year when I was an adult. Now he knows why I used to act the way I did. Now he has a huge weapon against me when he gets out of jail.

Why did she do this to me? I trusted her so much because she's my mother and she betrayed me.

I wish I could get out of here, but I have no job, no car, and I'm not on medication yet.

Hey CB. That is part of the reason that I joined this network. I see my teenage son basically sitting around all day, not doing homework, not doing much of anything and not interested in putting energy into friendships. I am sure the word lazy has popped into my head many times. I come to this network to understand it all. But my next hurdle is my husband. He openly uses the word lazy. I have just finished reading the book "Narcolepsy, A Funny disorder That's No Laughing Matter" by Marguerite Jones Utley. It is not a long book (about 150 pages) and it is my intention to make him read the book. I particularly liked this book because it has many of her personal stories about being a PWN. Education is probably your biggest weapon against ignorance. Perhaps I try very hard to understand because when I was very young I watched my own mother struggle with deep depression where she had trouble getting out of bed. She is a tough cookie too so I know how much energy it took for her to do even the simplest tasks. On thing that has crossed my mind is a worry my son does not use the "N" word as a crutch. I have been reading many old threads in this network and have admired many PWN are tremendously driven to lead a "normal" life even if they are running on little energy. I hope my son has that determination! Good luck. I am sure you can really use your family's support!