• 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

NEW ENGLAND NARCOLEPSY SUPPORT GROUP MEETING

SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2011
10:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.

MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL

Yawkey Bldg., 2nd floor, Room 220, Boston MA 02114

Entrance on: Fruit Street Parking Garage: Yawkey Garage *
* (Eleanor will provide stickers at the meeting so that parking is just $9.00)

Nearest Valet Parking: Yawkey
Phone: 617-726-2000 (main switchboard)
Nearest subway stop: Charles/MGH Station (Red Line)
For further information: http://www.massgener...it/default.aspx

Join Us: Spring! :)
Come join us in a celebration of what it means to live life with Narcolepsy.
Share your story or current concerns, or choose to listen to others – this group is intended for
all who attend to feel comfortable and benefit from group support. Friends and family are welcome.
Feel free to bring a snack and beverage.

Guest Speaker:

DR. KENNETH SASSOWER, Staff Neurologist of the Sleep Disorder Unit at Mass. General Hospital.

To RSVP, or for more information, please contact: Eleanor Vieira at 781-289-0450 or weezeandmatt@gmail.com

#2 Kolleen

Kolleen

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Trying to keep what little bit of sanity I have left :)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

I already printed my directions and got everyones things ready for there day tomorrow. I look forward to meeting the people I have been chatting with and also the other I havent had the chance to chat with. This is my first time meeting people with narcolepsy like my daughter. I hope next meeting to bring Erica with me so she can meet other people who have the same struggles as she does

#3 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

I wish this were closer since it sounds like it'd be very interesting to attend. I hope a lot of people take the opportunity to do so and post how things go, especially a summary of Dr. Sassower's remarks. :)

#4 jobreen

jobreen

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

I wish this were closer since it sounds like it'd be very interesting to attend. I hope a lot of people take the opportunity to do so and post how things go, especially a summary of Dr. Sassower's remarks. :)

#5 jobreen

jobreen

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi there! :)

My apologies for never replying to your post till now.

Although I "post" our Narcolepsy Support Group meetings, I never check for "replies"... I just assumed that if folks had questions or comments, they'd contact the "RSVP contact" for that meeting.

However, we are now trying to expand our group and meeting locations and would like to include those who are interested in being kept abreast of upcoming meetings, etc.

If you'd like to be included to our list, would you be so kind as to send me your name, email address, and location, if desired?

There is actually going to be a meeting in Worcester on April 21, I believe. And we're hoping for at least 2 meetings thereafter at either Lahey Clinic in Burlington and/or Mass General in Boston.

By having your info, we'll be glad to keep you posted!

Please send your info to: jhowes@narcolepsynetwork.org

Thanks much!

#6 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi there! :)

My apologies for never replying to your post till now.

Although I "post" our Narcolepsy Support Group meetings, I never check for "replies"... I just assumed that if folks had questions or comments, they'd contact the "RSVP contact" for that meeting.

However, we are now trying to expand our group and meeting locations and would like to include those who are interested in being kept abreast of upcoming meetings, etc.

If you'd like to be included to our list, would you be so kind as to send me your name, email address, and location, if desired?

There is actually going to be a meeting in Worcester on April 21, I believe. And we're hoping for at least 2 meetings thereafter at either Lahey Clinic in Burlington and/or Mass General in Boston.

By having your info, we'll be glad to keep you posted!

Please send your info to: jhowes@narcolepsynetwork.org

Thanks much!

Sadly, I'm near Philadelphia, although I'm sometimes in upstate NY (which means trips to Manchester and Bennington, VT, and Lee, MA...sometimes even Boston!). I had seen this post on the main page, and was quite envious of Boston having such a great event. Philly's a big area for healthcare, yet we have nothing like this!

If you think it would still be useful for me to pass along my information, I'll gladly do so.