Photo

Where Are The Weirdest Places You've Fallen Asleep?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Lorax64

Lorax64

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Also getting most of my tattoos (laying down with that buzzing noise was oddly soothing!), at concerts, at a house party with the music blaring, at concerts (was actually dozing standing up for the last few bands at a festival a few years ago), driving over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Oh and at an outdoor rave in Brighton a few years ago - I just lay down and had a nap. My poor partner had to explain to various police officers that I wasn't drunk or overdosing on drugs, just "a sleepy person" haha

That is funny! I've never had a tattoo myself, but I love watching shows like Ink Master, Tattoo Nightmare, and Bad Ink. The one thing in common seems to be that tattoos are not fun to get, and sometimes really hurt, it is so hard to imagine falling asleep during one. Did the tattoo artist wonder what was wrong - or wonder if you had passed out? I would say I can't imagine dozing while standing up (ok, I personally couldn't) but my son has sworn that has happened to him. 

#82 katehawkett86

katehawkett86

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Speech Pathology, reading, cooking, socializing

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hahaha I think they just figured that I had either passed out or was just in too much pain to talk :P luckily both times the tattoo artist was pretty focused on doing the tattoo, and didn't ask me about it. I wasn't in a very deep sleep, so I woke up as soon as the needle stopped buzzing.

Dozing standing up is a pretty common occurrence for me - especially when there are no more seats on the bus and I have to stand up ^_^

#83 Sleepy Sphynx Cat

Sleepy Sphynx Cat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Oh thank you for this. I finally am not the only one...
When I first started modafinil I finally watched an entire movie in one sitting!

-department store isle
-inside the dryer (it was warm and soft)
- concerts
-sports events
-phantom of the opera (it was also one of the most intense cataplexy attacks I've ever had)
-parked in a car to be woken up by someone asking if I was dead
-on strangers shoulders on airplanes (it's not unusual for flight crew to tell me how good I slept)
-waiting rooms
-trying out mattresses
-under my desk (still a great place!)
-getting hair and nails done
-in my food...usually breakfast,..I'm always sticky..:)
-on the stairs too tired to go all the way to bed
- having a nap at Disney truly makes it the happiest place on earth
....almost seems the strangest place might be bed.

#84 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

fell asleep at a red light once, cop from cop car behind me says, "oh good you're not dead" at my driver window when I woke up.  said her shift just ended and she thought she was finding me dead and some overtime was on.  pointed to a parking lot said take a nap.  I did.

#85 littlebosleep

littlebosleep

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Oh how fun!

Back of a motorcycle - might have been hypothermia though, funny story now

Strangers truck - this is where I woke up after apparently being peeled off the motorcycle, dragged into a convenience store, and ultimately laid to rest in volunteer strangers truck

Bottom of ski hill - soooo cozy in the ski suit

Toilets - I think this is actually pretty normal from reading the posts, anyone who napped on a toilet should be tested :)

dressing rooms

floor

under my desk

any nook or cranny not monitored in boot camp

Marching here to there in boot camp

waiting rooms

#86 Midoriliem

Midoriliem

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Chipolte...in my dorm hallway...on a bus in Romania...in college classrooms...in group therapy....standing up on a bus....standing up on a bus packed like sardines....in the dining hall...outside my high school in the winter.

#87 kontxesi

kontxesi

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:napping, science, astronomy, cooking, science fiction, computer games

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

My weirdest ones are concerts. The first time was my grandma's orchestra concert in November of 2008. My friend stayed with us for Thanksgiving break, and we went to see her concert since he's a music major. (Excellent flutist.) I drifted off during one of the more quiet sections, then was jerked awake by a blast of horns.

The second one was within the past year. My boyfriend dragged me to a funk concert, and I had a terrible headache. (Plus the band sucked more than usual, if that's possible.) I'm not sure how I did it, between the headache and sound system WAY too intense for the space, but I managed to sack out there, too. But this time he had to wake me up.

#88 rayraybaybay

rayraybaybay

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Rock and Roll, Vintage Jewelry, Decoupaging, Star Trek, Hiking, History, High Fantasy Books, Makeup Artistry, Tattoos, and Candy

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

My weirdest ones are concerts. The first time was my grandma's orchestra concert in November of 2008. My friend stayed with us for Thanksgiving break, and we went to see her concert since he's a music major. (Excellent flutist.) I drifted off during one of the more quiet sections, then was jerked awake by a blast of horns.

The second one was within the past year. My boyfriend dragged me to a funk concert, and I had a terrible headache. (Plus the band sucked more than usual, if that's possible.) I'm not sure how I did it, between the headache and sound system WAY too intense for the space, but I managed to sack out there, too. But this time he had to wake me up.

Yeah, when I fell asleep at a heavy metal concert (outdoors in the freezing cold rain), standing up, that was a little crazy.

I'm sure people there thought I was on drugs or something to be able to sleep through all of that, but OH WELL! ...

To a narcoleptic, any sound can be a lullaby... :D

#89 ColleesiMotherofSloths

ColleesiMotherofSloths

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Video games, sloths, cosplay, singing, art, Pacific Rim, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Guild Wars 2, game development, looking fahbulous

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

During a game of DnD...I was playing as an aasimar cleric, platinum blonde hair, pale skin, purple eyes, purple celestial tattoos on half my body, tiny baby angel wings. Draped in a cloak in the middle of a snow storm. Wolves were howling at us in the distance, hunting us.

I start to nod off, I can't help it. My body gets warm and my head is drooping. My friends looks at me like "oh god not again." I'm undiagnosed at this point. Someone whispers and tells me to put my head down. We are all around a table and the next thing I know...

I hear the wolves howling. The snow is blinding my eyes. A dark figure is in the distance.

I open my eyes. My friends are rolling dice. "I roll for perception!" "Seven plus three is ten..."

I hear wolves. White blinds me. The figure is closer, their cloak is billowing, the snow is howling.

"The wolves surround you! Roll for initiative!" My eyes are wide, my friends surround me.

The wind is deafening. The figure is closer and I can see her face. She is beautiful. It's my aasimar, Aine, walking through the storm.

"I hit the wolf for seven damage..."

She's right in front of me. She's almost glowing. She's gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous...

I lift my head. "What did I miss?"

"We killed the wolves, we're in town now."

Falling asleep at DnD was the weirdest thing ever.

#90 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

I don't know what this means.

#91 kontxesi

kontxesi

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:napping, science, astronomy, cooking, science fiction, computer games

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

During a game of DnD...I was playing as an aasimar cleric, platinum blonde hair, pale skin, purple eyes, purple celestial tattoos on half my body, tiny baby angel wings. Draped in a cloak in the middle of a snow storm. Wolves were howling at us in the distance, hunting us.

I start to nod off, I can't help it. My body gets warm and my head is drooping. My friends looks at me like "oh god not again." I'm undiagnosed at this point. Someone whispers and tells me to put my head down. We are all around a table and the next thing I know...

I hear the wolves howling. The snow is blinding my eyes. A dark figure is in the distance.

I open my eyes. My friends are rolling dice. "I roll for perception!" "Seven plus three is ten..."

I hear wolves. White blinds me. The figure is closer, their cloak is billowing, the snow is howling.

"The wolves surround you! Roll for initiative!" My eyes are wide, my friends surround me.

The wind is deafening. The figure is closer and I can see her face. She is beautiful. It's my aasimar, Aine, walking through the storm.

She's right in front of me. She's almost glowing. She's gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous...

This is the most awesome thing I've read all day. Granted, my day just started, but I'll be hard pressed to beat this.

#92 rayraybaybay

rayraybaybay

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Rock and Roll, Vintage Jewelry, Decoupaging, Star Trek, Hiking, History, High Fantasy Books, Makeup Artistry, Tattoos, and Candy

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

I agree, I love this post so hard. I'm so glad you joined NN, Colleesi!

#93 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

LOL, I've live out video games before in dreams/HH. It's always bizarre, but that takes the cake.

#94 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

@Hank- DnD= "Dungeons and Dragons"

#95 ColleesiMotherofSloths

ColleesiMotherofSloths

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Video games, sloths, cosplay, singing, art, Pacific Rim, Supernatural, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Guild Wars 2, game development, looking fahbulous

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hahaha, glad I could share with you guys! It was a trip, for sure...jeez, and this qualifies for this forum too, yesterday I fell asleep before my plane took off and the only thing that could wake me up was take-off. In my dream, a man took an iron rod and raised it above his head and brought it down on me, and I jolted awake as the plane started to pick up speed and lift into the air.

(DnD = Dungeons and Dragons, aasimar = half-angel)

#96 Lorax64

Lorax64

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, when I fell asleep at a heavy metal concert (outdoors in the freezing cold rain), standing up, that was a little crazy.

I'm sure people there thought I was on drugs or something to be able to sleep through all of that, but OH WELL! ...

To a narcoleptic, any sound can be a lullaby... :D

I think you and my son would get along well - he loves heavy metal! Not my cup of tea, but oh well... :)   I don't think he has fallen asleep at a concert yet although he has come close, but I am positive that he has been so tired he didn't mosh, etc. like he would have otherwise. He swears up and down that he loves to fall asleep listening to heavy metal, because it relaxes him. That I will never understand, but he can quite easily sleep through Chelsey Grin, etc. I tell him I would have nightmares if I was listening to that.  :P And yet, he is absolutely the sweetest kid who loves puppies and helps the "special needs" girl in his class with projects while he also hangs with more popular kids. I tell him he lives to defy any expectations - to which he grins and nods happily.  LOL!!!!!!!