Photo

Where Are The Weirdest Places You've Fallen Asleep?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 ImSleepin

ImSleepin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

Trying to make this a little light-hearted, where are the weirdest places you've fallen asleep? I wasn't sure what forum this should go in.

When I was 10 I fell asleep in the Underground when I was in England. My little sister kept telling me to stay awake, but it was definitely hard.

I remember in high school I went out side to jump on my trampoline for a bit, then I got tired and decided to nap...right there on the trampoline :lol:

I know everyone's fallen asleep in the car. When my boyfriend and I took an 8 hour road trip, it went by pretty fast for me!

So, what about everyone else? Anything weird or something you can laugh at looking back on it now?

I tell people who know that I have narcolepsy that one of the benefits is being able to travel and adjust to the time difference without any problems ;)

#2 okami

okami

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Probably the weirdest place for me to fall asleep has been a live concert with really loud music. Posted Image

Concerts are usually where I fall asleep the most.

The other one that always sticks in my mind isn't all that weird. But I remember falling asleep at my own slumber birthday party when everyone else was still active and noisy.

Oh and I learned my lesson with falling asleep in college with your shoes on. Apparently, people think you've passed out drunk so they decide to write on your face with permanent marker!! Posted Image I was so angry when I woke up!

Oh and when I flew to Germany with my class in high school, I remember being able to sleep the entire way on the plane and I was the only person who was alert during the morning museum visit! Posted Image So I definitely know what you mean about easily adjusting to the time.

Ben

#3 crunchberries

crunchberries

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

When I was little, I would hide in small spaces to go cry when people upset me. Then I'd fall asleep where I hid and wake up wondering how I got to where I was.

An example of this happened when I was living at my father's house. His girlfriend and I had a big fight, I crawled off to cry, fell asleep, and when I woke up, I found myself inside their attic's game closet.

#4 okami

okami

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

When I was little, I would hide in small spaces to go cry when people upset me. Then I'd fall asleep where I hid and wake up wondering how I got to where I was.

An example of this happened when I was living at my father's house. His girlfriend and I had a big fight, I crawled off to cry, fell asleep, and when I woke up, I found myself inside their attic's game closet.

I used to do that too. Althought, I'd end up in my closet behind everything and anything I could find.

#5 wisher

wisher

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:cookies, goats, cute things

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Once I was in a very long line at the grocery. I fell asleep leaning against my shopping cart. =/

#6 smsyracuse

smsyracuse

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Weird places I've fallen asleep:

On top of the dishwasher (it was winter and I was cold, so I sat on the countertop above the diswasher to keep warm and fell asleep)

On the toilet at work (my friends wondered why I had been gone so long and came to find me)

These aren't the weirdest places per se, but the weirdest positions:

I fell asleep on the floor while stretching my legs in the morning. I was literally doubled over at the waist, over my legs. Needless to say, my legs were asleep too.

I've fallen alseep sitting on the bathroom floor while in the middle of brusing my teeth. Yes, that's correct - toothpaste dribbling out of my mouth and all.

#7 ImSleepin

ImSleepin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

I don't remember ever waking up in a place that I don't remember going to, but I can definitely say that crying makes me exhausted. I remember any time I cried when I was little I was ready to pass out shortly after.

#8 Asleeper

Asleeper

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Minnesota

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Underneath my volkswagon vanagen while working on it.

#9 sometimes

sometimes

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

At a rock concert.

#10 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

In an MRI machine, despite all of the loud clanging noises. I usually never sleep on my back but I guess the fact that I was laying down at all was conducive for a quick nap. -_-

#11 mgl

mgl

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Weird places I've fallen asleep:

On top of the dishwasher (it was winter and I was cold, so I sat on the countertop above the diswasher to keep warm and fell asleep)

On the toilet at work (my friends wondered why I had been gone so long and came to find me)

These aren't the weirdest places per se, but the weirdest positions:

I fell asleep on the floor while stretching my legs in the morning. I was literally doubled over at the waist, over my legs. Needless to say, my legs were asleep too.

I've fallen alseep sitting on the bathroom floor while in the middle of brusing my teeth. Yes, that's correct - toothpaste dribbling out of my mouth and all.

I do the sleeping on the toilet and ESPECIALLY the sleeping doubled over thing all. the. time. I used to wake up in the morning with my legs asleep about once a month when I was a teenager. A couple of times I had to drag myself to the bathroom with my arms to use the restroom while I waited to get feeling back in my legs.

The scariets place I've ever slept was probably:
I was in a club in Cuidad Juarez, Mexico, with my foster brother, and I ended up pulling a few chairs together and crashing in the back of the club (sober). I woke up hours later, when the club was closing, abandoned in a foreign country. I wandered down the street, alone, half asleep, ignoring cat calls from venders and street people until I got to where our car was parked. It was gone. I found a security guard who was nice to me, and tried to help me find the car, and I eventually hitched a ride with some strangers back to the U.S. I got home and woke up my foster brother, who thought I had gotten a ride home with one of his friend. Parents were VERY unhappy with him.

I also fell asleep frequently while standing up, midsentence, while I was teaching. Also started speaking jibberish numerous times while I was tutoring math.

The time when I most appreciated my sleeping ability (and flexibility) was when I would ride in the back of pickup trucks in college. I would just sit cross legged and fold over, tuck my head into my feet and cover my head with my arms, and I just slept through the trip.

#12 ImSleepin

ImSleepin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

In an MRI machine, despite all of the loud clanging noises. I usually never sleep on my back but I guess the fact that I was laying down at all was conducive for a quick nap. -_-

Ugh, I did the SAME thing! I'll never forget it, because I remember going home, falling asleep, and having some of the worst episodes of sleep paralysis after that.

My poor boyfriend was worried because he thought it wasn't normal to be able to fall asleep in an MRI!

#13 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Ugh, I did the SAME thing! I'll never forget it, because I remember going home, falling asleep, and having some of the worst episodes of sleep paralysis after that.

My poor boyfriend was worried because he thought it wasn't normal to be able to fall asleep in an MRI!

I was surprised the MRI technician didn't notice when I jerked awake at one point; fortunately, it was mostly my legs that moved and not my neck/head, which was the area that was being imaged. I did tell the technician I kept dozing off and she was really shocked. At that point I knew it was abnormal, and I probably had narcolepsy (I was still awaiting the results of my third sleep study). It's good to know I'm not the only person who can fall asleep in one of those things. :D

#14 HEADBOB

HEADBOB

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

I fell asleep when I was getting my tooth drilled for a crown the other day (I had cracked my tooth trying to stay awake at work.)

I fell asleep on a bus alone going through Watts and woke up with everyone staring at me like they were going to kill me.

I crawled in to a parked car and was woken up by the owner who stole all my money before I really knew what was happening.

I fell asleep in Reno and lost a hundred dollar bill while waiting for change.

Often I would fall asleep on the bus home to Hollywood and wake up on Skid Road downtown and have to wait another hour for the next bus going back; once I missed the stop going back and found myself back at work in Beverly hills.

I fell asleep washing a window at work while using the windex bottle for a pilow.

#15 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x9jTGFxs_s

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

I fell asleep in a bowl of soup in highschool and the school nurse saved me. I also have fallen asleep and ended up IN a trash barrel. I had a narcoleptic attack during a play and audience members thought I was an actor acting as if i had been killed. I cataplexied rolling down a hill during fireworks. I once cataplexied while carrying lots of camping gear and it all landed on top of me and all anyone could see were my legs sticking out. Two days ago the cold in the grocery store got to me and I fell asleep on the floor leaning against packages of toilette paper. And here's my cataplexying from extreme laughter last week:

#16 MikieC

MikieC

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

During an MRI, more than once.
In the ER, getting 8 stitches in my hand.
Standing up, leaning on a shovel on a construction site.
At the gym while pre-workout stretching.
At the movies, many times.
On my mountain bike, stopping to wait for others to catch up.
Sitting upright, eating some dinner at the coffee table.
Leaning over the workbench in my wood shop.
At a girlfriend's parent's house at the dinner table...talk about bad first impressions.

I don't know if they're all that 'weird', rather random.

#17 Jeni

Jeni

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

I fell asleep in an MRI machine too! There was something really relaxing about the rhythmic pounding magnets I guess... I also tend to take naps randomly on my living room floor if I don't want to sleep for a long time or if I am sitting down and get too tired to get up and get in bed. Other random places are in my work office and during one-on-one conversations - the most random part is that people don't call me on it and sometimes they just keep talking or I keep responding in some way even though I am asleep!

#18 maryluz2

maryluz2

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

[quote name='Enginerd' date='16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1302986045' post='16133']
In an MRI machine, despite all of the loud clanging noises. I usually never sleep on my back but I guess the fact that I was laying down at all was conducive for a quick nap. Posted Image

I fell asleep in an MRI machine too. I remember being cold inside of the machine, so the technician asked me if I wanted a blanket to which I said yes, he covered me with the blanket, I felt so warm and comfy and next thing I knew, it was him waking me up, it was kind of embarrasing.

#19 Enginerd

Enginerd

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

[quote name='maryluz2' date='09 August 2011 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1312938158' post='17148']
[quote name='Enginerd' date='16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1302986045' post='16133']
In an MRI machine, despite all of the loud clanging noises. I usually never sleep on my back but I guess the fact that I was laying down at all was conducive for a quick nap. Posted Image

I fell asleep in an MRI machine too. I remember being cold inside of the machine, so the technician asked me if I wanted a blanket to which I said yes, he covered me with the blanket, I felt so warm and comfy and next thing I knew, it was him waking me up, it was kind of embarrasing.
[/quote]

I'm glad to know I'm not alone! It's always cold in those machines, so I had the blanket tucked around me, too, and everything was so rhythmic and boring that I kept nodding off, and jerking awake. This wasn't good for the MRI since it was of my brain, so I kept forcing myself to stay awake by thinking all kinds of nutty thoughts. After the MRI was over, I told the tech I had fallen asleep a few times, but she didn't really believe me. :blink: At least none of the images had to be retaken!

#20 whitney037

whitney037

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

A few months ago, I fell asleep for possibly 10-15 minutes while I was getting a massive tattoo on my leg.

A nightclub with music blaring and all. Was totally stone sober.

Back home in South Dakota, riding a horse working cattle.