New Movie Limitless

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sometimes

sometimes

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

There is a soon to be released motion picture called "Limitless." You find the movie trailer here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X3U9RsXeJ3w

"Limitless" is about a struggling writer who takes a pill and then acquires super human intellectual power. My impression is that there is a whole slew of people who think they can increase their quality of life by taking Ritalin, or for that matter Provigil. As for Provigil, there are many people who seem to believe that Provigil has no side effects. As if the scientists at Cephalon invented a pill with no side effects! I run into people who think you can just take a pill and game the system. It drives me up the wall!

The movie looks like it might very well be a good and entertaining movie. But on the other hand, it might also reinforce the misguided preconceived notions that so many people seem to have about drugs like Ritalin and Provigil.

#2 ImSleepin

ImSleepin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

I've seen the trailers. I might rent it when it's available, but I don't know that I'd go see it in the theatres. I know that it's about taking a pill and having more use of your brain, but is the guy taking Ritalin or stimulant similar to it? I hope that people don't start thinking that they can use stimulants to have "super brains".

#3 Shannonkish

Shannonkish

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Um, this movie is not about stimulants at all. It explores the fact that we, as humans, only use a portion of our brain capacity. The pill he takes actually expands his ability to use his entire brain, rather than a portion of it.

#4 SleepZombie

SleepZombie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping, reading, dancing, friends, movies, music, helping people.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Um, this movie is not about stimulants at all. It explores the fact that we, as humans, only use a portion of our brain capacity. The pill he takes actually expands his ability to use his entire brain, rather than a portion of it.

Actually the statement that we only use 10% of our brains is a very common and wrong misconception...I believed it for years until thorough research proved me wrong.

#5 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

This was a great movie, addressing the theory that our brains and inherent nature limits our capacity to do great things, and that we are capable of much, much more. 

#6 steaks

steaks

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Actually the statement that we only use 10% of our brains is a very common and wrong misconception...I believed it for years until thorough research proved me wrong.

Yes, you're abolutely right.  I do think however, the average person devotes probably 90% of their brain power toward scattered unfocused thought.