• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 4chrissy

4chrissy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hello,

My name is Chrissy and I live in Colorado. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy in 2007 and finally feel like I am somewhat human
now three years later.I take Metadate and Methylphenidate daily along with Wellbutrin and Effexor.

I have a few things I would like to discuss so I apologize if I am jumping all over the place, this is one thing I have noticed since all of this has begun, is, that I cannot stay focused.

Let me start with my sleep paralysis, anyone out there dealing with this? I really believe that my Effexor is vital in helping control these episodes. I missed my Effexor the other night because I fell asleep early and didn't wake up to take my evening pills. The next morning I was "stuck" that is the term my family uses Posted Image for, almost 2 hours, until I could physically awake. Just looking for other peoples stories of this wonderful experience.

My next topic I would like to talk about is: Raising awareness for research and ideas of how people have done this or raised money for the foundation.
I will be a contestant in the Mrs. Colorado Pageant this March 2011 not because I am beautiful but because I have been sleeping for the past several years and needed something to help me break my cycle of "poor me". I know strange way of doing this but let me explain, I gained almost 40 pounds in one year after being diagnosed. So I thought what a better way to force myself to get up and get moving. Please understand that my "N" is triggered mainly by stress so not only will it be a challenge to lose the weight but also to attempt to manage my stress as the days get closer to the pageant.

My main focus at this event is to use this as a platform to bring out awareness of Narcolepsy to my fellow Coloradoans. I am hoping in my attempt to raise funds for the competition to help cover some of my costs but most importantly to be able to send some money to the foundation to help in research.
So if anyone out there has any advice about any of the above I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

Kind Regards,
Chrissy

#2 MCP

MCP

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hello,

My name is Chrissy and I live in Colorado. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy in 2007 and finally feel like I am somewhat human
now three years later.I take Metadate and Methylphenidate daily along with Wellbutrin and Effexor.

I have a few things I would like to discuss so I apologize if I am jumping all over the place, this is one thing I have noticed since all of this has begun, is, that I cannot stay focused.

Let me start with my sleep paralysis, anyone out there dealing with this? I really believe that my Effexor is vital in helping control these episodes. I missed my Effexor the other night because I fell asleep early and didn't wake up to take my evening pills. The next morning I was "stuck" that is the term my family uses Posted Image for, almost 2 hours, until I could physically awake. Just looking for other peoples stories of this wonderful experience.

My next topic I would like to talk about is: Raising awareness for research and ideas of how people have done this or raised money for the foundation.
I will be a contestant in the Mrs. Colorado Pageant this March 2011 not because I am beautiful but because I have been sleeping for the past several years and needed something to help me break my cycle of "poor me". I know strange way of doing this but let me explain, I gained almost 40 pounds in one year after being diagnosed. So I thought what a better way to force myself to get up and get moving. Please understand that my "N" is triggered mainly by stress so not only will it be a challenge to lose the weight but also to attempt to manage my stress as the days get closer to the pageant.

My main focus at this event is to use this as a platform to bring out awareness of Narcolepsy to my fellow Coloradoans. I am hoping in my attempt to raise funds for the competition to help cover some of my costs but most importantly to be able to send some money to the foundation to help in research.
So if anyone out there has any advice about any of the above I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

Kind Regards,
Chrissy

Hey Chrissy!

First, I want to say that I think it is AWESOME what you are doing!!! I realize my reply to your message is at least a year after your post, but hopefully you will see this! I am from GA but am making the move to CO as soon as I get a job. I am licensed in CO as a pharmacist, but it has been difficult getting a job without knowing anyone. I am flying out there this Saturday and will be there for one week to hopefully make some better progress. Narcolepsy has definitely made life more difficult these past few years, but I do not want to give up on my dreams!! Seeing your post was very inspiring to me, and it has also relieved some anxiety for me. I am nervous about moving (but mostly excited!!), but the whole narcolepsy factor definitely makes things more scary... but reading your post at least reminds me that there are people in EVERY state that can understand what I am going through. Are there any resources that you feel may be helpful for me to know about (narcolepsy-related, moving to CO-related, or for pharmacist opportunities in CO??) Also, if you know of anyone in need of an enthusiastic and passionate pharmacist and team member, let me know!;) Thank you, Chrissy! And, hope this post finds you well and happy!:)

~MCP