• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Big Dog

Big Dog

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Range Target Shooting, Blues,

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

Anyone else had a tough time keeping a grip on things literally? I've noticed that during sudden onset if I have anything in my hands down it goes. If anyone has experienced this please let me know, it's getting pretty frustrating

#2 lucidelerium

lucidelerium

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Anyone else had a tough time keeping a grip on things literally? I've noticed that during sudden onset if I have anything in my hands down it goes. If anyone has experienced this please let me know, it's getting pretty frustrating

I seem to have things simply slip out of my hands often enough... sometimes I think it is micro cateplexy, other times I think it is just clumsiness. Other times I feel cataplexy coming on so I set down whatever I am holding removing the opportunity to drop anything.

#3 noddinoff

noddinoff

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Triggered by emotions on a daily basis and getting very tired of it. This is by far the most annoying and disrupting side effect of narcolepsy. dropping things left and right.

#4 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Aromatherapy, Herbs, Rockhound, naturalist, artist

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

Of course we are going to drop anything we are holding during sudden onset......Cataplexy is loss of muscle tone. Before I pick up something breakable I will just put my hands on it, hesitate for at least 30 seconds before actually lifting it. If I am going to have Cataplexy, I can generally tell during that 30 seconds. It still isn't totally reliable.

#5 Big Dog

Big Dog

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Range Target Shooting, Blues,

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

Triggered by emotions on a daily basis and getting very tired of it. This is by far the most annoying and disrupting side effect of narcolepsy. dropping things left and right.

This is what I'm talking about. I've always been able to manage the catap. but I've never had stuff just become 300lbs all of the sudden. It's really pissing me off.

#6 Marcia.was.here

Marcia.was.here

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

I drop things so often that my friends dont let me hold their babies! lol. ok ...well maybe not that bad, but it has happened. friend of mine made me sit down before I held her kid, Ifelt like I was five. it sucked but I get it.

Other than that, plastic dishes are awesome. So is carpet. With extra padding. Dropping things is better when you know they will bounce. =)

#7 noddinoff

noddinoff

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

This is what I'm talking about. I've always been able to manage the catap. but I've never had stuff just become 300lbs all of the sudden. It's really pissing me off.

yeah, no kidding. went to the range the other day and hit a steel silhouette downrange and again with a few follow up shots, then almost dropped the weapon in a split second Cat episode. a couple of officers I went with looked at me and said: "what the hell was that? lose your grip?" I pulled it off as a "My shoulder has been messing up" type of deal.

not fun. not to mention dangerous.